Front parking sensor able to be programmed to stay on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katiebee4

Reaction score
Do any of the people who know how to program LR4's on this board know if the forward parking sensors can be set up to be on permanently (instead of how it is now where you have to press the button each time.)

Obviously, no big deal either way - just curious. :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for... They used to be programmed that way back in 2005/2006 (on LR3 and early builds RRS), but there were so many false alerts from those ultrasound sensors being triggered by passing trucks and buses, pedestrians walking in front of the car at intersections, etc., that the complaints eventually led to Land Rover's decision to switch strategy and turn off those little buggers after you get going and until you slow down and either press the button or engage reverse first (or restart the engine, obviously.)

katiebee4

Reaction score
Thanks! My husband's ram has it on all the time and it works so well. I had an Audi where I had to push the button each time I parked (my weak spot as a driver, unfortunately) and it became instinct to push the button but the ram always seems more simple that way. Thank u for writing!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learned something new, I didn't realize you could manually turn it on, thought the button was just to shut it up. Thanks for that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112