Front skid plate options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cy74. APT Offroad (aptoffroad.com.au) make great underbody protection gear - always
fits perfectly. Check out their brilliant YouTube fitting videos featuring company owner Ben Woodgate.
Ben installed his rock slider steps with top plate, transmission transfer case guard, air compressor guard & air tank guard on my 2014 LR4 a couple of years ago. Their front bash plate is as good as they get.
The company ships direct to the USA & freight rates are very reasonable. Current exchange rate is o.k. at
the moment. APT is a very reliable company & does much of its business direct into the U.S. I live 1000
miles south, but drove up to get the job done at the factory. My mobility's not good enough to DIY.
It was terrific dealing with Ben direct. You won't do better anywhere. For the record - I paid full price!!

kenk

Reaction score
I endorse APT as well, quality products. I got the front, sump, transmission, compressor, air tank, and LCA skid plates shipped to the US in a couple of weeks. The service and install videos Ben provides plus a competitive price was worth patronizing a business like this.

Anthony Reddic

Reaction score

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They had a U.S. website back when I bought mine. Like many things for niche vehicles, looks like it's come and gone.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how their website does not support HTTPs. I'd be all over this if their site was secure. Even the picture of their corp HQ is a render... Hmmmm. http://www.asfir.com/information/contact
Communication with Ben and APT has been pretty good as I'm trying to get a quote for front skid and sliders, but apparently there's some glitch with the port or their freight service so there's been a delay in getting shipping quotes to the US. If Asfir is looking too sketch, APT may be an option. There are a few out.

LR4HD

Reaction score
Recently found this thread when researching skid plates for my 2011 LR4. I ordered the ASFIF air tank and gearbox skid plates - for the ASFIR gearbox skid plate, I ordered the one for the 2016 discovery 4 (SKU 539063) - this one fits my 2011 without any modifications; no need to remove the rubber vibration damper. ASFIR sent me the BOM drawings for 2016 one and the 2005 - 2015 discovery one (attached) - the skid plates are almost the same - same mounting points, but the 2016 version bends downs almost immediately so that it doesn't interfere with the rubber vibration damper on the exhaust tube on my 2011 LR4.

Attachments

• 539063.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 539061.PDF
    93.1 KB · Views: 72

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Recently found this thread when researching skid plates for my 2011 LR4. I ordered the ASFIF air tank and gearbox skid plates - for the ASFIR gearbox skid plate, I ordered the one for the 2016 discovery 4 (SKU 539063) - this one fits my 2011 without any modifications; no need to remove the rubber vibration damper. ASFIR sent me the BOM drawings for 2016 one and the 2005 - 2015 discovery one (attached) - the skid plates are almost the same - same mounting points, but the 2016 version bends downs almost immediately so that it doesn't interfere with the rubber vibration damper on the exhaust tube on my 2011 LR4.
For the record, I added a 3 or 4 inch straight bar to relocate the rubber dampener and it still works. The skid plate doesn't hang as low.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I endorse APT as well, quality products. I got the front, sump, transmission, compressor, air tank, and LCA skid plates shipped to the US in a couple of weeks. The service and install videos Ben provides plus a competitive price was worth patronizing a business like this.
Hey could you elaborate or your fitment of the APT trans plate? I have Bens compressor and tank skid but went to confirm trans fitment with the V8. He replied that the trans plate does not fit with the NA V8 and that modification would be needed and it’s not bolt on because it’s designed around their diesels in Oz

kenk

Reaction score
Hey could you elaborate or your fitment of the APT trans plate? I have Bens compressor and tank skid but went to confirm trans fitment with the V8. He replied that the trans plate does not fit with the NA V8 and that modification would be needed and it’s not bolt on because it’s designed around their diesels in Oz
Got to a computer so able to upload some pics.

Attachments

• tempImageyLHcyc.png
    tempImageyLHcyc.png
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • tempImageCwsPTN.png
    tempImageCwsPTN.png
    961.5 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members