Fuel Level Indicator Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it all worked out minus the squeak. Glad only the sensors needed replacement. If you do a search on the net there were a handful of owners who had to have the entire tank replaced. I know, sounds silly but I assume the information was real.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The LR dealership just called me and said my truck is all set. They fixed the gas level indicator issue. Of course, they say they cannot reproduce my seat squeaks so they said for me to have a tech drive with me. I am not sure how they can't hear it, as it's extremely evident.

I'm off to pick it up.......

-David

I had the same "seat squeaking" issue with my 07 Pathfinder. They said the same thing, couldn't find the issue. When I went to pick it up I asked to talk to the tech. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, he weighed 100lbs soaking wet. I just started laughing.

Marty

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The LR dealership just called me and said my truck is all set. They fixed the gas level indicator issue. Of course, they say they cannot reproduce my seat squeaks so they said for me to have a tech drive with me. I am not sure how they can't hear it, as it's extremely evident.

I'm off to pick it up.......

-David

Hey David,
I had the seat squeaking issue early on at about 7 or 8 k miles. It eventually went away completely on it's own. I think it is a break in thing and eventually it will disappear.
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

It appears that shifting around the seat a bit has significantly decreased the squeaking. As for the actual invoice and repair details, here they are:

The cause of the issue was the sender unit. They installed new front and rear fuel senders as per bulletin LTB00304.

They also did a multi-point inspection and everything was fine. The tires were at front = 36 PSI and rear = 42 PSI.

I currently have 4,546 miles on my LR4 and the brakes were at 10 mm and the rotors are good. The tire tread depth was all 7/32" or greater with no wear.

Everything was "green" which means "Checked and Okay at this Time". But, this is what I would expect at almost 5,000 miles.

Land Rover of Redwood City does not give Land Rover loaner cars unless it's for maintenance, so they have Enterprise bring you a small SUV for the day. That's fine with me, the Kia was actually kind of fun to drive.

My only complaint about the experience is that one of the technicians got grease or something on my console and scuffed up my driver's door a little. Or, maybe I am just too picky?

Thanks for all the advice guys!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS.....

They did not even say a word about the HID lights... they even tested them and said all is fine. So, my worries were not founded. I will only remove them if there are issues. Thanks!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS.....

They did not even say a word about the HID lights... they even tested them and said all is fine. So, my worries were not founded. I will only remove them if there are issues. Thanks!

-David

Yeah, I told you man. I am loving mine!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I told you man. I am loving mine!!!
Me too! Though, some of the comments on your original thread about the HID lights scare me a bit. There is some recent activity there still stating how they are illegal and the potential for law suits, etc.

But, I just don't see it since there are SO MANY different HID kits around and no one seems to really care. I still think it's more for those cars that push the limit with thousands of K powerful lights. Our lights fit well and seem to look very much OEM. The cut off is great and does not seem to blind drivers.

I'm keeping them! :)

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too! Though, some of the comments on your original thread about the HID lights scare me a bit. There is some recent activity there still stating how they are illegal and the potential for law suits, etc.

But, I just don't see it since there are SO MANY different HID kits around and no one seems to really care. I still think it's more for those cars that push the limit with thousands of K powerful lights. Our lights fit well and seem to look very much OEM. The cut off is great and does not seem to blind drivers.

I'm keeping them! :)
Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it at all if I were you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635