Fuel Level Indicator Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone else has ever had the following issue with their LR4.

The truck was basically full yesterday, but when I started it up this morning. I noticed that the fuel level gauge showed that there was no gas and the fuel light was on. I knew there was slightly just under a full tank of gas, but I went to the gas station and filled it up (it took a little over a gallon).

When I turned it back on, it was fine and the fuel indicator showed it was full. I drove to work with no problems. I turned the truck on again and it was fine.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Thanks very much!

-David

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David, I believe this is a known issue and LR will fix it. I believe they replace the entire tank... believe it or not. I even think there is a TSB on this. This has happened to a lot of earlier owners... '10 models I believe.

Sounds like a bad weekend for LRs :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David, I believe this is a known issue and LR will fix it. I believe they replace the entire tank... believe it or not. I even think there is a TSB on this. This has happened to a lot of earlier owners... '10 models I believe.

Sounds like a bad weekend for LRs :)
Hey Count,

Thanks so much for the heads up. I called LR of Redwood City (because it's close to my house) and will drop it off on Wednesday morning. Now I just need to remove my HID lights and put the CVs back in while it goes in for warranty work. Hehe! I knew that would happen. Even so, it's worth it... Have you received your lights yet?

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Count,

Thanks so much for the heads up. I called LR of Redwood City (because it's close to my house) and will drop it off on Wednesday morning. Now I just need to remove my HID lights and put the CVs back in while it goes in for warranty work. Hehe! I knew that would happen. Even so, it's worth it... Have you received your lights yet?

-David

I was just at Redwood City LR on Saturday. Was hoping to catch the Evoque but they moved that car to another dealership. Do you think the dealership will ding you for the HIDs? I bet they won't.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just at Redwood City LR on Saturday. Was hoping to catch the Evoque but they moved that car to another dealership. Do you think the dealership will ding you for the HIDs? I bet they won't.
Hey Count,

I was able to see the Evoque (by accident) the day that Redwood City had their unveiling. I was picking up my extra light caps and they were setting up for the evening. Pretty cool!

I highly doubt they will care about the lights, but I just don't want to take a chance. It's worth the 15 minutes of my time to just take them out while it goes in for the warranty work. It's so easy to install the kit back, that I will just remove it.

-David

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they dont replace the whole tank they replace the fuel senders in side the tanks.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks socalrovershop & p-dawger!

I bring the truck in tomorrow morning, so I will keep everyone posted. This morning it showed empty, then full, and then empty again.

Thanks so much!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my LR4 to the dealership this morning to have the fuel indicator issue fixed. I also asked that they take a look at my driver's seat, as it is is extremely squeaky!

I'll keep everyone posted! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The LR dealership just called me and said my truck is all set. They fixed the gas level indicator issue. Of course, they say they cannot reproduce my seat squeaks so they said for me to have a tech drive with me. I am not sure how they can't hear it, as it's extremely evident.

I'm off to pick it up.......

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635