Gas Tank Filler & Check Engine Light & Gas Cap Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ubanghi

Reaction score
I found the clip holding the connector on. It was just obscured by the mounting plate. I ended up not taking any parts out.

Instead I finally found a local mechanic who specializes in Rovers. He'd never heard of the problem. No one he knows has ever heard of it. At this point the filler neck and DMTL pump have been replaced as well as the purge valve up front. No luck. Still looking for a solution...

CaliDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the clip holding the connector on. It was just obscured by the mounting plate. I ended up not taking any parts out.

Instead I finally found a local mechanic who specializes in Rovers. He'd never heard of the problem. No one he knows has ever heard of it. At this point the filler neck and DMTL pump have been replaced as well as the purge valve up front. No luck. Still looking for a solution...
Hey Ubanghi,
For what it’s worth I’m still experiencing intermittent issues with this.. namely a bizarre sucking sound from the fuel filler cap - which I’ve also replaced among other things... let us know how you’re getting on.
Cheers!

Ubanghi

Reaction score
In the end, the shop took every part of the EVAP system out. The fuel filler neck was replaced, which fixed the early gas cutoff. Eventually, the vapor canister with DMTL pump were swapped out for a used pair, just as a test, and we haven’t heard a peep (or fart) since. In reality, we still don’t know exactly what the problem was. The small EVAP leak code came on briefly once since the fix, but I’m chalking it up to British gremlins.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72