General Grabber AT2 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set, stock size , mounted on Friday. Nasty weather on Saturday (5 inches of snow, followed by sleet and freezing rain) good chance to test them out. They performed very well.

The stock size (255/60/18) is a M + S tire, but does not get the severe service emblem (supposedly due to the H speed rating). That didn't seem to matter as the tires cleared very effectively and braking was fine. Only negative I noticed was the truck would shift sideways a bit when starting from a dead stop before biting in. Due to the heavy crust of ice on top of the snow, I think anything but a very narrow tire would have done the same.

Road noise isn't bad, handle well, and have the 112 xl load rating I wanted to see in a replacement. So far so good!

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write-up. We've got the AT2s on our LR3 as well and I've been extremely happy with them. Been in a few inches of mud and they did great - same on snow (and I was initially disappointed that they lost the snow flake, but it didn't seem to matter).

The other nice side benefit is a very high treadware rating - they hopefully will last quite a while with good rotations and air pressure.

-Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo