Haggling with Dealer on vehicle price & Accessories.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

golferdude1971

Im seriously considering getting an LR3, and Im just wondering if you all can provide me with any information about haggling with the dealer on the vehicle price, then on accessories. What were you able to get the vehile down to? How big of a discount did you get on accessories.

Any information would be of a great help.

Thanks in advance, KMT.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$500 discount from MSRP on a loaded SE. Dealer through in a full set of floor mats. Accessories have been anywhere from 10 - 20% off MSRP.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a loaded as could be HSE with a $1000 discount off of MSRP. You will note that their invoice is much lower. I hear that they are more willing to negotiate the SEs. I was able to get another dealer to go $1500 off of an HSE, but they didn't have the color I wanted.

M

mwroobel

I just got my HSE7 loaded completely except for the Heavy-Duty package. I also added Front and Rear Mudflaps, Rubber Mats, Body Side Moldings and the Wood Package. List on that would be 55,413 and I paid $53,750.

M

milr3

The best I could get on a loaded SE (ordered) was $500 off MSRP and 10% on accessories. This dealer is moving every vehicle they get in within a few days so they have little incentive to deal. Mine should be arriving in June.

B

backpain

Zambezi/Black SE - Got $1200 off MSRP, free rubber mats (love them, got kids...), 40% discount on extended warranty, 30% discount on accessories (brush bar, lights, chrome nerf bars, lojack) and dealer pricing discount from the car audio house across the street whiich was about 25% off on the bluetooth, NAV, XM and Focus speaker upgrade.

F

Freeflytim

Don’t look for a $10,000 discount like you can get today on a Tahoe or Yukon.

Remember that if what you want is NOT on the lot, you’re gonna pay more. If the dealer has to ‘find it’ be lucky to get any discount right now. Next year may be another story if you can wait.

If you want an SE and the dealer has a bunch, you can deal some. If you want an HSE good luck on getting $500 off.

As is always the case when buying a car, if you want the best deal, buy what the dealer has sitting there collecting dust… I had a salesperson tell me I could get a very, VERY good deal on their LR3 SE in the ‘Margarita Puke’ color (her words) !

The LR3 is a new truck, they are scarce… especially the HSE. After having my loaded HSE7 I do not regret paying sticker.

I was not about to stress over $500 on a $55k truck. I was glad to get the exact truck I wanted... The dealer only promised me 'two months' and got it in three weeks after they arranged a dealer swap and had to have it trailered 150 miles.

Remember the idiots who paid TWICE the sticker for the Miata when it came out!! Like I said up top, your not gonna get $10k off. Buy the LR3 and you won’t care what it cost you!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635