HDC Fault, Engine Fault, Special Programs Not Available, EPB Fault, and more HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rewillia

Reaction score
ugh. i had this same problem, HDC/Trans Fault/CC not avail, warning, etc, etc. fault and yes, it was failure due to development of some bad contact points on brake light switch being the culprit...my Indy fixed it for $90 bucks and put me on my way...all clear.

Bruce LR3

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your posts everyone. I am a newbie and late to this form by a decade or so, but if anyone else is experiencing these multi-fault code issues, I want to post my issue. I had a loose connection at the connector adjacent to the front of the battery/fuse box cover. The wire bundle seems to be under a bit of tension and prior owner must have disconnected for some reason and never "clicked" it all the way back together. So, check this connection in your diagnostic search. I had already replaced the brake light stop switch and some tail light bulbs and checked the battery voltage (just fine). Happened to notice this connector and while checking its connection noticed that it clicked when I pushed it. Tada... problem resolved. Pray everyone else's issues are similarly simple to resolve.

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_123058.jpg
    IMG_20220519_123058.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 50

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above two posts are certainly appreciated. #41 says the "replacing the brake light switch was the solution" and #42 provided another solution to the problem - something I had not heard of prior, hence I learned something.

That is how the Board is supposed to work - provides and acknowledges solutions as well as cries for help.

Over the years, I have found that many if not most of the problems we have are cheap to fix but near impossible to find. As such, the find has to be owner done as paying someone else to find the problem is most often not practical if not impossible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut