Headlight washer fix needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2013 HSE Lux, every third time you spray wiper fluid, it's supposed to spray the front headlights ("headlamp power wash," as it's described). The problem is the spray overshoots the headlamps and lands all over the hood. Is this something I can adjust/fix myself, or do I need my dealer to take a look? Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the thinnest needle you can find and gently work it into and around the two nozzles in front of each headlight, to clear any debris diverting the spray pattern. Usually it's just some hard water residues or road grime partially clogging them up.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every single car I've owned with those miserable things has shot the stuff all over the hood. Drives me crazy when the car is clean. Just make sure the headlights are off, and the headlight washers won't work.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover should do what Audi does - make the headlight washers part of a cold weather option package along with the heated seats & steering wheel. I love having the headlight washers in winter when slush and road salt build up on the lights and you can restore good forward lighting while moving.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see them to put in a separate switch for the headlight washers. The only time it's really needed is during winter driving at night... I used to be able to pull the fuse for this miserable little feature. :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM