HELP - Suspension Fault - New Compressor - Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I would very much like to see pics and if you'd be so kind as to write up a little "how-to" I'd appreciate that. I know I'll be having to go through this exercise soon enough. I have the bracket...just waiting for my Hitachi to die now!

Tempted to change it out before hand, because having it die in the forest would suck (with 32" tires especially) but it seems to be doing just fine so I won't pre-empt its life.

Even when I first started getting the suspension fault warning light, it didn't drop to access height. It just ran the compressor more than it should have. I wouldn't have been stuck if I had been out wheeling when the light first came on.

Trynian

Reaction score
When I blew the airline between the compressor valve block and the rear valve block it registered as a compressor error (compressor could not add ay pressure to the system) it just shut off the the compressor but did not lower the car. Since I was already in offroad height I puled the fuse and drove offroad the rest of the weekend.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also good to know. Any idea HOW you blew that airline?

Trynian

Reaction score
Also good to know. Any idea HOW you blew that airline?

It blew right where the line is bundled with the wiring harness and attached to the frame.

Best I could tell there may have been chaffing involved weakening the line in that spot.

I rerouted the line so it is easier to get to and not able to rub on anything.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. I re-routed the electrical...but that's all. I'm not sure I've even seen the airline over there, only similar looking wiring bundles coming together and running down the rail. What's it look like?

Trynian

Reaction score
I see. I re-routed the electrical...but that's all. I'm not sure I've even seen the airline over there, only similar looking wiring bundles coming together and running down the rail. What's it look like?

It is a sold black line. You can see it coming out from the valve block that is mounted in front of the rear driver side shock, easier to see with the wheel off. It then bundles up with the wiring harness and follows the frame forward until it branches out to the compressor.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like that's all in the rear, huh? So any chafing couldn't have been from tires rubbing. Maybe other debris hit it in a one-time incident???

Trynian

Reaction score
Sounds like that's all in the rear, huh? So any chafing couldn't have been from tires rubbing. Maybe other debris hit it in a one-time incident???

No, not from any tire rub. It looked like the way it was bundled with the wiring harness. The blow out was right where it was strapped to the frame.

A little week spot in the line developed and looked like it may have been bubbling slowly over time and finally gave way. The chaffing may have started after it began to bubble, hard to say for sure.

That line doesn't hold pressure all the time only when the compressor is running. When you hear that little pressure release after the compressor stops that is the line depressurizing.

There is a similar line that runs forward as well but it looks to be fairly clear of things. At any rate I have my hi-pressure line repair couplings I got from the dealer to make any future repairs in the field.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....I have some couplings as well. I don't know if they are "high pressure" or not. I got them from a local shop specializing in tubing and associated hardware.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge