Help with Rear Seat DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone clarify if you can add headphones to the white fire system? I have two but want 3/4. Can you just buy any two white fire head phones and add them? Is there a code or frequency you need? I have a 2016 LR4 (USA) with the built in entertainment set up.
I suspect not. I don't know the design, but it seems very specific to the two seat positions behind the head rests. I don't think it would work if a kid was in a center seat or the 3rd row. It uses the IR sensor to figure out what side the headphones are on so that it knows what display audio to send to the headphones. It has not been problematic for us in any way, but I do recall that if the kids slouch down too far they can lose connectivity. They need to remain in line of sight to that ceiling mount.

Now, if you just want a spare set of headphones or two, maybe that's different. Let us know what you find out! It's a matter of time before my kids lose one or break it. Then I'll be asking the question.

blacklisted

Reaction score
Slight hijack here...Recently purchased 2012 LR4 with rear ent.

Headphones are there. But all manuals and ent. remote are missing.

Does anyone know if I can just buy a remote or will it need to be programmed?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remote is really hard to find. I would just buy an ipad and some BT headphones. If I could get rid of the DVD headrests I would.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can just buy a remote or will it need to be programmed?

The remote is ridiculously hard to find and super expensive ($400 last checked 5 years ago). I have the remote, BUT it can only function from the back seat pointing at either headrest. My issue was that my kids were too young to operate the dvd remote on their own. Imagine taking a long trip somewhere, you or your front passenger has to reach behind to see and operate the remote. Spoiler, it sucks and dangerous.

You're better off getting a video-in-motion unit that plugs into the infotainment that allows you to operate the front screen as-if you're in park. I have it and it's worth the money.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99