Here we go...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derman

Reaction score
Hello.

I've been researching a 2015 LR4 and just ordered a LUX for my lovely wife, due to be here in the spring.

This forum has been very helpful in my research (lurking) - hse vs. lux, reliability, tires, hd package, and all sorts of things. It's great to have a resource like this available.

Many thx.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the real question is... how much will your wife let you 1. use it, and 2. mod it?

Welcome to the group!!

Derman

Reaction score
So, the real question is... how much will your wife let you 1. use it, and 2. mod it?

Welcome to the group!!

She should be AOK with me driving it - this is supposed to be the 'vacation' vehicle, too. Family hauling and what-not, although I'm already scoping out off road trails in my area - Northern California. Besides, this is the only vehicle we'll have that can fit bikes, surfboards, and snowboards...by design.

The mods are going to be a tough sell, though. She likes the beefy look, so I may ease her into a few. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Derman

Reaction score
Just the type of forum response/advice I joined for.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derman where in NorCal are you? I'm in Livermore and we just got my wife (for me in the future) 2013 LR4 and I'm in the same boat. You should check out the NCLR (norcalrovers.org) or if you are free today and are close to Livermore we are getting together to plan the route for our summer expedition through NorCal. Pm me for details. It's from 11-1. As for trails there are tons, mods can be minimal like sliders to protect the sills and the compressor to custom bumpers (made by a club member) etc. We also get together every month for a "MORG" (Monthly Off Road Gathering) which is usually at Hollister Hills but occasionally changes locations.

Welcome to the sickness of the Green Oval!!

Chris

Derman

Reaction score
I'm in Sacramento, so not too far away.

I need to let my wife 1) get the car, 2) establish the premise that it's for her, 3) then wait for that newness to wear-off, to start any serious off roading.

When that moment comes, I'll be there.

I need to start with that trip to Tahoe and then say "hey, let's try this dirt road" to get going.

It will be a process....it starts in April.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM