Homelink Mirror Retrofit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older question - I've gone through previous threads and connot find the answer. I have an '05 HSE that must have just missed the Homelink mirror build option. Does anyone know if its possible to swap out the current auto dimming mirror with the Homelink mirror? Is the wiring in place? Would the dealer need to update the ecu? Thanks in advance.

Trynian

Reaction score
The wiring is in place, do you have an auto dimming function? If you do and it has a twist mount then you might be able to pick up a factory one with home link.

If you have just a plain mirror then the mountings are different and the windsheild also, it is easier to buy a homelink mirror from the same manufacture of the LR3 mirror. It will mount to a normal wedge mirror mount and then you just have to wire it up.

See here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENT...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

One from the dealer cost over $600 and will only fit the twist mount not the wedge mount.

They are made by the same company.

If you show me a picture of your mirror I can tell better.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have auto dimming function now. I need to look at the mirror mount. Does the mirror itself house the electronics that control the functions (garage door, etc.), or is that done by the D3's ecu? Thanks for the reply!

Trynian

Reaction score
It is all enclosed in the mirror.

Show me a pic and I will know better what your options are.

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the buttons at the bottom of my original 05, HSE were shipping paint. The dealer replaced it under warranty with the latest mirror which looks like an 08 version. Not sure if this answers your question but at least the mirror can be updated....

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and ideas. I've pasted a few photos of the current auto dimming mirror below, if anyone can tell me by the attachment which mirror would fit I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I was able to take the mirror off to show the mount in more detail. See below, is this a LR specific only? Thanks!

3 pin white connector:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99