Homelink Mirror Retrofit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
I don't think it is LR specific. I do think it is more prevelent in euro cars.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that provided feedback on the homelink retrofit. Had been watching ebay for a good deal, finally snatched a mirror last week. Received the mirror, installed it and it works perfectly. Seems that '05's and '06's that have the auto dimming mirror can be retrofitted with the homelink using the existing wiring. Not sure about '07 and onwards. No more garage door opener remote! Thanks!

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to fit a non auto-dimming mirror for an 06 LR3?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get one from the manufacturer of the homelink mirror, but the Land Rover attachment to the glass is specific.

Trynian

Reaction score
Is there anyway to fit a non auto-dimming mirror for an 06 LR3?

Nor sure if I understand the question. If you have a non-dimming non homelink mirror with the wedge mount the you can just get a gentex auto dimming homelink mirror that will fit that type of mount and wire it up.

If you currently have a LR factory auto dimming mirror with a twist mount then you need to get one from the dealer. Not sure why you would since you can usually turn the function off if you dont like it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4