How do you outfit the LR3 for family vacations (gear hauling)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods... what kind of Rear head rests are those? I've never seen that type.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods... what kind of Rear head rests are those? I've never seen that type.

They are a quasi-eurospec Base Model 5 seater configuration. My truck was a pre-production NAS market tester. Not sure if these seats are common overseas, but I haven't seen any others like it in the US. You can a lot more on my website at:
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Land-Rover/Misc/LR3-for-Sale/

617905834_ZT3p6-XL.jpg

617906454_DoAXj-XL.jpg

617906895_vL2tZ-XL.jpg

617910771_tYQQv-XL.jpg

Damm, I miss this truck

Last edited:

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics...

We've got a similar family situation as well. 2.5yr old boy, 4.5yr old lab (91 lbs, loves the sand and water), and baby #2 due in 4 weeks.

Our truck has the expedition rack, which we just load up with stuff. I've got the largest Thule bag they make (Tahoe), and it only takes up about 1/3 of the rack. Tons of room to strap/bungee gear either in front or behind the bag.

Between 2 car seats and the dawg, the only real spots to put things are the roof or a hitch carrier.

I'm hoping to get back on the beach this summer, but I havent even bought my oversand permit yet. :(

We'll see how it goes with number 2, hopefully we'll be making some tracks on the sand in short order.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh...thankfully they didn't go with this fold forward seat base for production models. I hate that on other SUVs I have driven. It limits stuff storage space in front of the seats and takes away from the front seat rear movement. The drop down fold down seats they ended up with work great!

617906895_vL2tZ-XL.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh...thankfully they didn't go with this fold forward seat base for production models. I hate that on other SUVs I have driven. It limits stuff storage space in front of the seats and takes away from the front seat rear movement. The drop down fold down seats they ended up with work great!

These are actually a production seat. They were the standard rear seat on the base 5 seaters for the US. I have seen them in several other LR3's. Many of the five seaters got the fold and tumble seats though. (Mine included) Except for Nathan's rig all the ones I have seen them in were non-heated seat models.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do like the black carpet seat backs of those rear seats though. My '08 is Alpaca as well, but the rear of the seat backs are also the light color carpet.

The black would hide dirt (and dog hair) much better, esp in the cargo area.

Not sure if thats just a model year thing.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SE5 has the same headrests and fold down seating. The Alpaca w/ black carpeting has saved me tons of cleaning. My rear seats are also heated. I keep all my straps, shackles, ****** blocks and jumpers underneath the rear seat area. It's huge under there! I even have a fleece blanket just in case.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black would hide dirt (and dog hair) much better, esp in the cargo area.

Yeah its great unless you have a dog with other than black colored fur... It gets quite annoying when my golden sheds like crazy and rubs against EVERY section of the cargo area leaving tuffs of hair all over. I end up having a reddish/golden interior after every ride with him :hmpf:

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its great unless you have a dog with other than black colored fur... It gets quite annoying when my golden sheds like crazy and rubs against EVERY section of the cargo area leaving tuffs of hair all over. I end up having a reddish/golden interior after every ride with him :hmpf:

Switch dogs? :tongue:

IMG_0222 (Medium).jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9