How to Disable the ECO Feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals, when I bought my 2016 LR4, the Service Manager somehow programmed the ECO feature to be OFF. A year later I had a dead battery and when the dealer replaced it, the ECO OFF Feature was gone and now I have to push button each time I drive it to get it turned off. I went back to the Dealer and found that the original Service manger had transferred to another Dealer out of state. The new Service Manger said he had never heard of the ECO Feature being programmed to be OFF. Any help here, no I don't want to disconnect the little AUX Battery.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a copy of your work order receipt?

The ECO system cannot be overridden by programming, that I know of. Currently, the only known way to override the system is to disconnect the AUX battery. There have been instances reported when the aux battery or the Power Supply Distribution Box for the ECO system fail and one doesn't get an Amber light on the dash. Happened to me, not knowing, I had my dealer repair it. Wish I didn't.

Wondering if your original service manager knew of a work around, by disconnecting an individual wire lead from the PDSB. I've tried disconnecting various wire harnesses around the box, I either ended up with a dead vehicle or the Amber light.

Robuk

Reaction score
Try this, also gets rid of smart charging which tends to leave the battery partially charged for extended periods, win, win.

The aux battery is only there for stop/start.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM