I got this 2012 baby 2 weeks ago, so far very happy with it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Very happy with my 2012 LR4, got it 2 weeks ago and I choose the black wheels on it, very happy how it looks, I'm still learning things about this car everyday, It has the updated GPS and HD Radio and the bigger screens with the Entertainment System.

Me too had the Honda Pilot 2009 before and I know this car has less storage room and burns more gas, but I just think It is something that I have to live with, but I get better car, the interior is awesome, the driving is softly and fun.

Here is a picture, later I will post more.

IMG_0721.jpg

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did the dealership charge for installation of roof rails?

Sixshooter

Reaction score
What did the dealership charge for installation of roof rails?

X2, I'm picking up my new LR4 this coming monday, and considering the full length rails also. So I would be interested to see what they run as well. Great looking ride! I also went for the black 20"s. I think they are a really sharp wheel.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2, I'm picking up my new LR4 this coming monday, and considering the full length rails also. So I would be interested to see what they run as well. Great looking ride! I also went for the black 20"s. I think they are a really sharp wheel.

Most stocks that dealers carry are in the standard 19" wheels. If I want to upgrade to 20"s do they just swap them out? Also, if the vehicle MSRP is for 19 inch wheels and you want to upgrade to 20 inch wheels ($3000.00 option), does the dealer keep the original wheels and the cost deducted from MSRP, or does the buyer keep them?

Sixshooter

Reaction score
Namenda,

In my case they had another vehicle on the lot with the 20'' wheels, so they just swap them over and drain me for $3k and thats it. Unfortunately you don't get the other wheels also. I guess another way to go about it would be to order the wheels separately and keep your originals that came on it, but you would still have to buy tires for the 20''s I assume. But really, that might be the better way to go and then you have 2 sets. I thought about doing it that way but for the sake of simplicity I didn't.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1200.00 for installed roof rails? $750.00 for the rails, so that's $450.00 installation. Is that a reasonable price for this type of installation?

Regarding upgrading from 19 to 20 inch wheels, for $3000.00 I imagine you should get to keep the stock wheels since it was included in the original price. I guess it would be more prudent to get the stock wheels then buy the larger set as a separate purchase afterwards.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1200.00 for installed roof rails? $750.00 for the rails, so that's $450.00 installation. Is that a reasonable price for this type of installation?

Regarding upgrading from 19 to 20 inch wheels, for $3000.00 I imagine you should get to keep the stock wheels since it was included in the original price. I guess it would be more prudent to get the stock wheels then buy the larger set as a separate purchase afterwards.

that's pretty pricey considering it takes an hour, no more than 2, to install the rails.

i also have an extra pair of the long rails for sale cheap if anyone's interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM