I Have A Transmission Problem! Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saint

Reaction score
NOT UNTIL YESTERDAY MY 1998 4.6 HSE RANGE ROVER WAS WORKING PERFECT. I GOT IN IT TO GO TO WORK AND IT WOULD NOT DRIVE FORWARD ON "D","3","2", ONLY ON "1st". REVERSE WORKS FINE. IT WILL DRIVE FORWARD WITH NO PROBLEM IF I SHIFT MANUALY . MY SPORT SHIFT LIGHT IS NOT WORKING SINCE THEN. THERE HAS'NT BEEN ANY NOISE OR VIBRATING. MY FLUIDS ARE OK. CALLED THE DEALER AND THEY SAID IT WAS MY "SPEEDOMETER TRANSMIT" PART #STC 4444. I HAVE SPENT ALL DAY TRYING TO LOCATE THIS PIECE ON THE ROVER AND NO SIGN OF IT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND IF THIS PART WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM...................THANX...:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
do you get a check engine light? If not I would bet you have a battery starting to die.

saint

Reaction score
do you get a check engine light? If not I would bet you have a battery starting to die.

what if i don't have starting trouble? my check eng. lite might had gone on?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
any lose of battery power on a rover will start to provide you with real odd electrical issues... I would have the battery tested before you go changing parts... Have it load tested, not just voltage tested.

saint

Reaction score
any lose of battery power on a rover will start to provide you with real odd electrical issues... I would have the battery tested before you go changing parts... Have it load tested, not just voltage tested.

i'll have that done right away.....thanx

motox313

Reaction score
Just had same problem with sons 98 hse goes in reverse and 1st gear only.....did u find out what problem is? had a new battery put in last month so i am sure it is not a power issue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Motox313, have the battery checked just because you put a new one in doesn't mean it is good or is still good.

LRTECH

Reaction score
Also, all new model Land Rovers are very very touchy with their modules and software. Doesn't take much to make them act crazy. If the battery checks out to be ok, take it in to have it checked at a dealership. Sucks, but might just be a programming issue.

tucker

Reaction score
still out of the uk in bulgaria and my 4.6 has been running ok but i need help again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge