Ideas on stopping the glare from the MY14 shift knob plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

..mg..

Reaction score
The issue for me isn't the *** but the large, silver plate that surrounds it. Maybe we just get a lot more sunshine out here in the West. ;-)
That's what I was referring to as well. That silver plate has a fair bit of surface area! A high quality vinyl wrap would do the trick... it's just getting the shifter trim surround unclipped that's the tricky part.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually surprised how big that silver plate is when I saw a 2014 LR4 in person. I would just spray paint it black and get rid of that bling. :) HAHA!

..mg..

Reaction score
I hear you, but spray paint, especially black, will eventually scratch and show fingerprints, something the silver 'trim' (more like dinner plate) hides relatively well.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help but maybe changing the dial to the red version might help a bit. Found this on the LR4 accessory page.As for the trim plate, I have not found a solution.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 11.36.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 11.36.52 AM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help but maybe changing the dial to the red version might help a bit. Found this on the LR4 accessory page.As for the trim plate, I have not found a solution.
Wow, that's hideous.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks but the problem is not so much with the knob but with the silver plate. I may see if I can get a piece of leather and cut it to the same shape as the silver trim plate. Maybe it will be "sticky" enough to stay in place.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping a hat close by that I use it to cover the plate when the glare is bad.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a chat about the shifter knob (and V6) etc with the local dealership (socal). They told me that have been getting complaints about the decision to get rid of the shifter. They also told me that LR is trying the shifter knob out here and that its temporary market test and that they will switch back most likely.

Interesting enough, they also told me that LRNA is on top of blogs and forums and that they do read these things!

They told me that LRNA is very much customer focused and they want to know what the end user is asking for.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a chat about the shifter knob (and V6) etc with the local dealership (socal). They told me that have been getting complaints about the decision to get rid of the shifter. They also told me that LR is trying the shifter knob out here and that its temporary market test and that they will switch back most likely.

Interesting enough, they also told me that LRNA is on top of blogs and forums and that they do read these things!

They told me that LRNA is very much customer focused and they want to know what the end user is asking for.

Sounds like typical dealer bs speak. lol

Cynical? Maybe!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99