IID Tool Adjustments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrp86

Reaction score
Hello, just got my iid tool mainly to adjust my lr's hight.

What else have you guys done with this tool, apart from diagnosing faults??

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, just got my iid tool mainly to adjust my lr's hight.

What else have you guys done with this tool, apart from diagnosing faults??
Added keys. Turned off the TPMS. Used it on long trips to track engine metrics in real-time to watch for overheating issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off TPMS. It took some work as you gotta do it in three separate places. Where can you add the digital speedo?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think under in the CCF bit, under IPC (instruments) there's an entry called "Digital Speed" or something similar.

xrp86

Reaction score
Added keys. Turned off the TPMS. Used it on long trips to track engine metrics in real-time to watch for overheating issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What PSI are you running, what was your main reason for turning TPM Off?

Ive been thinking of dropping the psi like the new D5, which have 2 options.
Light load
Regular load (I think that’s what it’s called)

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What PSI are you running, what was your main reason for turning TPM Off?

Ive been thinking of dropping the psi like the new D5, which have 2 options.
Light load
Regular load (I think that’s what it’s called)
I have E-rated tires (80psi capable) and run them at 50 on the freeway, and then step down as needed off-road (38, 33, 25).

I also use external TPMS sensors that are more easily moved around so that every time I do a five wheel rotation I don't need to worry about moving my 4 LR TPMS valves/sensors and reconfiguring anything. There were many discussions elsewhere here in the forum on external TPMS sensors if you search for them.

With the external sensors sending the data to a little gauge, I can constantly see the tire pressure in real time on the four wheels which is handy. And it has a built in alarm for too rapid inflation/deflation. With all that, there is no need to have the internal TPMS notifications on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disabled mine because I got new wheels and I didn't want to reconfigure the tpms sensors to work with them. The TPMS system in this vehicle is garbage anyway as doesn't display PSI readings. Newer ones might.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I've done quite a bit with the tool. I messed with the CCF to disable tpms, new battery, DRL (didn't work), and some other thing. Calibrated ride height sensors, ride height adjustments, tight tolerance (alignment), build mode (similar to pulling fuse F3 to lock the eas system while off roading), reading live values, etc...

These are just some of things off the top of my head. I'm sure I've done a lot more with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA