IID Tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vfly172

Reaction score
The FAQ says they may implement stock speed changes in the future. AFAIK, they haven't added that option thus far, so everything stays stock as far as speed limits for the various height modes are concerned. It is already possible to permanently drive at higher or lower heights (at every setting) by adjusting the suspensions' height with IIDTool.

So the iidtool can be installed permanently and can drive with say 1.5"-2" lift full time at all speeds?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You plug IIDTool into the OBDII port above the driver side footwell, navigate to the suspension menu, change your suspensions height (front and rear axles separately, should you wish to raise your butt more than your nose, for example), unplug the tool and throw it in the glove box. To go back to stock height, you plug it in, lower your suspensions' height by whatever number of inches you raised them originally - or just choose the saved factory settings if you aren't sure - unplug it and throw it back in your glove box.

You will drive permanently at that chosen height, at any speed, until and unless you re-adjust the suspensions. How much you can raise them depends on your suspensions' initial calibration values, which are stored in the EAS ECU and different in every vehicle (and every corner of your car.) The IIDTool will read those values, and based on the highest one it will not allow you to raise the suspensions beyond a calculated safety threshold. This is to allow the car's Terrain Response and height settings to still do their thing without generating suspensions errors because you've hit the upper limit of the sensors. So, with the IIDTool some owners may be able to achieve a 2.5" lift, some only 1", although most seem to fall somewhere in between - usually 1.5 to 2" is fairly common.

vfly172

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed response. Do you see the need for the bluetooth version? Is it alot easier to change settings?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed response. Do you see the need for the bluetooth version? Is it alot easier to change settings?

Get the BT version. I have the app on both my iPhone and iPad and use whichever is handy at the moment.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the BT version. I have the app on both my iPhone and iPad and use whichever is handy at the moment.

Does the BT one work with Blackberry (yes, I am one of the three people alive that still has one - actually I have 4).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GAP has only released apps for iOS and Android. If your Blackberry is one of the latest models powered by Android (allowing you to download the IIDControl app from Google Play) and has BLE (aka Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Smart or Bluetooth 4.0 or higher) on board, then it should work... Still, I'd check with GAP Diagnostic to find out if they have tested that handset with their app first.

Last edited:

Kevin P

Reaction score
I have looked high and low on forums and cannot find a definitive answer, but what can a nanocom do vs iidtool and vice versa on a 2010 LR4, I can get each about the same price. Just want to get the best coverage for the price.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I had seen the Nanocom. Looks like it has a little color tft display on it? The functions seem pretty basic.

I am putting my support to IID since I think they have the right approach to software design and the ability to update the software rather easily via bluetooth and mobile apps. (I am a software engineer/architect)

I haven't had to use my IID tool extensively yet, but the live data views seems fantastic for monitoring and diagnosing things.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old(ish) thread. Can anyone confirm if the suspension can be adjusted independently (each corner)?

Using the IID Tool to level the cab for overnights is one of the features I think could be the most useful.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t apologise, I’m interested too:). Can this thing turn down the beeping sound when reversing? I have good hearing and it drives me nuts...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72