IID tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a question, how much was labor for that. I have a heated steering wheel but the 2010’s didn’t come with paddle shifters and I feel like I would use them enough.
The $500 version would be correct. It helped me with figuring out my fuel injector issue, coil pack issue, as well as when i replaced my suspension pump. I also just used their fast lane service when i swapped in a heated steering wheel with paddle shifters and getting those operational.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a question, how much was labor for that. I have a heated steering wheel but the 2010’s didn’t come with paddle shifters and I feel like I would use them enough.

$34 to GAP for the fast lane service and then the new steering with with paddles and heat. So all in around $220 to get it done myself. Procedure is not bad at all if you already have the blanks on your current steering wheel for the paddles. If not you will need to swap to a RRS/LR4 steering wheel that has either the paddles already installed or install on one with the blanks and order the paddles separately. From there it is just programming the transmission ECU with the fast lane software to accept the paddles.
Powerful UK has a youtube video on the procedure that I followed.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the 2010 came with the paddles. I have e heated steering wheel but I don’t have the cable for the paddles on the back. Would I just have to replace the backing of my steering wheel or would I have to buy a completely new one with paddles. Here’s a pic.
$34 to GAP for the fast lane service and then the new steering with with paddles and heat. So all in around $220 to get it done myself. Procedure is not bad at all if you already have the blanks on your current steering wheel for the paddles. If not you will need to swap to a RRS/LR4 steering wheel that has either the paddles already installed or install on one with the blanks and order the paddles separately. From there it is just programming the transmission ECU with the fast lane software to accept the paddles.
Powerful UK has a youtube video on the procedure that I followed.

F9F329B4-1ED9-4FAC-8E4D-34C735706F29.jpeg

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the 2010 came with the paddles. I have e heated steering wheel but I don’t have the cable for the paddles on the back. Would I just have to replace the backing of my steering wheel or would I have to buy a completely new one with paddles. Here’s a pic.

View attachment 10867
For that one you could do just the backing with the paddles if you can find the entire assembly. I was not able to find that when i was looking so I ordered the entire steering wheel minus the air bag.

kenk

Reaction score
(and inadvertently disabled the driver side auto-up, that I can't find to correct)

The auto-up feature sometimes disables for various reasons, not related to GAP Tool use (maybe sometimes it is- who knows what activates the gremlins?), but is easy to reset.

Lower the window all the way manually.
Then manually raise the window for about 2-3 secs and stop.
Then manually raise the window all the way to the top and stop.
Then manually raise the window (actually just hold the button up as the window can't raise further) for 2-3 secs.

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/resetting-your-power-windows.26425/

iridiumdawn

Reaction score
I got the ~$500 BT one from Lucky8 and it works like a champ. I've so far only used it to check and clear codes from the purchase of the LR4 last month, to add the quick down 2" to the rear windows (and inadvertently disabled the driver side auto-up, that I can't find to correct), and to add the digital speed to the display.

I'm down in San Diego.

Hope this helps you...

Flashing an ECU will disable the one touch window operation. To enable the one touch ope- ration, close the window completely, release the switch, pull up and hold the switch for one second. Repeat the procedure on each window.

PWL Pictures

Reaction score
I’m pretty new on here and in Socal as well -LA. Definitely let me know if you all plan a local trip in future I found my 2012 LR4 almost a year ago. the info on here is great! Thank you

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
Hope this helps you...

Flashing an ECU will disable the one touch window operation. To enable the one touch ope- ration, close the window completely, release the switch, pull up and hold the switch for one second. Repeat the procedure on each window.

The auto-up feature sometimes disables for various reasons, not related to GAP Tool use (maybe sometimes it is- who knows what activates the gremlins?), but is easy to reset.

Lower the window all the way manually.
Then manually raise the window for about 2-3 secs and stop.
Then manually raise the window all the way to the top and stop.
Then manually raise the window (actually just hold the button up as the window can't raise further) for 2-3 secs.

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/resetting-your-power-windows.26425/

Thanks guys. Worked like a champ. I didn't have to do the 2-3 second raise. Just the all down, all up, hold for a couple seconds. I didn't realize it was a common thing and thought I screwed something up.

Jazzy

Reaction score
I recently used the IID tool to raise my LR4 one inch as I needed a bit more space with 33” tires. The height adjustment option has 4 different settings that you can program. Just select one and continue to hold down for ~2 seconds and you’ll get the option to adjust. It was in mm, with a max increase of 52mm (~2”), I went up 26mm. I applied settings, disconnected IID, then had to start the car before changes took effect. I’ll finish cutting tomorrow and might lower it again or just keep rolling with spare cv axles. I also used it to disable tpms with my 18” Steelies

Jazzy

Reaction score
I recently used the IID tool to raise my LR4 one inch as I needed a bit more space with 33” tires. The height adjustment option has 4 different settings that you can program. Just select one and continue to hold down for ~2 seconds and you’ll get the option to adjust. It was in mm, with a max increase of 52mm (~2”), I went up 26mm. I applied settings, disconnected IID, then had to start the car before changes took effect. I’ll finish cutting tomorrow and might lower it again or just keep rolling with spare cv axles. I also used it to disable tpms with my 18” Steelies

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72