IIDTool / EAS Control module for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this being introduced for the lr4.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are making quick progress. Here is another "teaser shot" and a note from Patrick, one of the developers and owners, posted on rangerovers.net recently (they are a sponsoring vendor there):

If everything goes well, we should start beta testing in August for the LR4 and RRS with basic features such as Read Fault, Clear Faults and Suspension adjustments. Other features like Live Values and Car Configuration will tag along shortly after. The full size Range Rover will come a little later.

For 2010 and 2011 LR4 and RRS, the instrument cluster needs to be updated to the 2012 firmware in order for the IIDTool to be able to write on the TFT screen. Of course, the IIDTool will proceed with updating the firmware to the 2012 version. As a bonus, the 2012 cluster firmware has much nicer graphics and added functionalities. For example, changing the speedometer display to km/h or m/h in the instrument cluster menu.

3326365-iidtool-2010-range-rovers-d-img_1980_small.jpg

Not sure if they are looking for beta testers, but you may want to contact them if you are interested. I was a beta tester for their current version (supporting my RRS and the Disco/LR3) and these guys are awesome to work with. I will soon trade in my trusty Sport with 200K miles for a new 2013 LR4 - growing family won't fit in a RRS anymore... - and this news definitely made my decision a bit easier.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2010 and 2011 LR4 and RRS, the instrument cluster needs to be updated to the 2012 firmware in order for the IIDTool to be able to write on the TFT screen.
Anyone had their 2010/2011 instrument cluster firmware updated yet? Just curious what is the process, and how much it cost.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had their 2010/2011 instrument cluster firmware updated yet? Just curious what is the process, and how much it cost.

Didn't know it can be updated. I would be very interested in doing that.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made an appointment with the LR dealer next monday to have the update done. Will report back.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made an appointment with the LR dealer next monday to have the update done. Will report back.
Hey baobay,

Is this a free update under warranty? If not, do you know how much they charge and what the firmware update does? Hope you are doing well.

-David

SteveMFr

Reaction score
Hi baobay,
I am one of the guys from GAP Diagnostic.

We just wanted to let you know to be careful before handing your credit card to the dealer: make sure they know you want an update to 2012 spec and not just 'an update'.

AFAIK LR has separated the SW for the 2010, 2011 cluster from the 2012 SW in the IDS (diagnostic system) - even though the hardware is the same.

If they are willing to look into it w/o charging you if they don't succeed or you are willing to accept the risk you can do it - and please let us know the results ;-p

Regards,
Steve

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey baobay,

Is this a free update under warranty? If not, do you know how much they charge and what the firmware update does? Hope you are doing well.

-David

The lady who made my appointment didn't know the answers to those questions. I will call tomorrow and talk to the service manager and get more info. She said it was free, but I want to confirm that and confirm that they can update to 12 specs.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just spoke with the service advisor at my LR dealer. He claims there is NO such update!!! According to him there is no way to bring the 10/11 instrument cluster to 12 specs...I just cancelled my apopointment with them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just spoke with the service advisor at my LR dealer. He claims there is NO such update!!! According to him there is no way to bring the 10/11 instrument cluster to 12 specs...I just cancelled my apopointment with them.
That sucks, but I am completely NOT surprised. I was in a bit of shock that this was even possible! I had asked my LR guys and LRNA before and they told me it was not possible, but that was when the 2012s first came out on the market.

Sorry about that buddy :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72