IIDTool / EAS Control module for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between the 2010/11 and 2012 instrument cluster? (I have the 2012)?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between the 2010/11 and 2012 instrument cluster? (I have the 2012)?
Hey bromhead,

How are you? They made some big changes to the 2012 computer interface, though the instrument cluster stayed the same. The audio, navigation, phone, etc. have a different look and interface than on the 2010/2011 version.

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,

Doing well. Just came back from a week in Tahoe. I forgot how nice it is up there during the summer. Although I have nothing to compare it to, the interface on my 2012 is pretty nice. I will pull up an older owners manual to check out the 2010/11 interface

Cheers,

Chris

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is that in the 2012 you can see the audio info and I think you can see nav info in instrument cluster. Just to be clear, I am not talking about the nav screen. I am talking about the instrument cluster (the information screen between the speedometer and the rpm).

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, in 2012, you do get the last minute turning directions on the instr. cluster. nice feature.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, in 2012, you do get the last minute turning directions on the instr. cluster. nice feature.

In addition, the TFT screen looks to have better "black" background as it's darker than and sharper than my 2010. Sort of like older LCD tvs not rendering blacks as well as new LCDs. It's either that or my 2010 screen panel is broken.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 loaner and the TFT didn't look any different. It only displayed more info.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, development of the IIDTool for MY2010+ LR4 is well on the way. I was a beta tester for GAP Diagnostic on my 2006 RRS and have now become one on my new 2013 LR4. I tested the latest beta software last night and it's very polished - although a couple of bugs still need to be worked out. Among other things, I successfully turned on the digital speedo (mph) in the lower right corner of the TFT display within the instrument cluster and enabled chirps when the doors are locked / unlocked by rewriting the CCF, and saved a couple of different height configurations in memory (+15mm front and +20mm rear, and +30mm all around.) Then I restored everything back to stock, both CCF and suspensions height. Everything worked like a charm. I re-enabled the digital speedo and kept it on, that's actually a pretty cool feature that LRNA has decided to turn off on NAS vehicles for no good reason.

GAP has done major progress with the newer LR vehicles, and I imagine a stable release is just around the corner for owners of Disco/LR4s interested in buying. Great work guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72