IIDTool / EAS Control module for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the IIDTool development for newer LR4 models? Or a need for additional beta testers?

I have a 2013 LR4 and have an interest in this, as its a bit of a hassel to bring it back to the dealer for minor tweaks...

Thanks!

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you and me both dude. I want one also, I just don't want to be guinea pig and prefer the finished and tested product.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless there have been last minute snags, release of the finished version should be imminent, perhaps within a month or sooner. The beta I am testing is very solid - although a bit limited in CCF programming and Live Value functionality (compared to the LR3 version, anyway.) My guess is that GAP wants to add more features before introducing the product on the market.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it somes soon. I plan to do either the Mojave Rd or Anza Borrego on March 23rd. It would be great to get it in time.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on when this is available? I'd love to get digital MPH display and other features enabled by the device.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I heard, the new LR4 and 2010+ RRS modules (there will be a couple of different options, a regular and a Bluetooth enabled version) were shipped to Britpart - their worldwide distributor - last week. They should be available for purchase from Britpart within a week or two, and from Britpart's network of distributors (AB, Lucky8, etc., here in the US) shortly thereafter.

I think I posted this on a different thread already, but a couple of things about the Bluetooth version of IIDTool: It will be more expensive than the plain vanilla module (about $200 or so depending on the distributor, according to the manufacturer) and will be compatible only with Bluetooth 4.0, aka BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy.) Not too many devices are using that type of BT chip yet, among them the latest iPods, iPhones and iPads.

Couple of demo videos of IIDTool with Bluetooth in action:

IIDTool Bluetooth - YouTube

IIDTool+BLE Fault Listing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72