IIDTool EAS max value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if IIDtool lets me raise it 50mm from stock does it take into account the mode i'm in (regular height) so that i won't get errors if i raise it to Off-road height and take it out on the trails?

i did try setting it for off-road height and it went up and didn't give me any errors but i haven't driven it yet. i thought i remember reading that it would only let you go up to the point where you won't fault it?

thanks

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IIDTool will set all modes to +50mm. It will not trigger any errors.
Hell I used to have mine set at 35 front and 25 rear to have it look flat (horizontal).
The max value offered by the tool is the max value available before triggering errors. So no worries to have.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More experienced drivers will need to prep to me here but I seem to remember that even in off-road height you still have another 2 inches for extreme situations. I would guess that if using the tool gives you 50 mm which is just under 2 inches then an off-road height it is allowing you to go all away to that extreme setting. But in that case you may not have any more wiggle room should you get hung up on a rock.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EAS will still do its thing when the truck gets grounded. The IIDTool is working within tolerance not out of it.
I've experienced it myself.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you get tire rub with 265/65r18 if you lower it for normal city driving? I dropped mine 20mms to test for better mpg on the highway. Is it me or does it ride worse lowered?

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something I would like guidance. Running Johnson rods + 265/65r18 would like to lower the truck 1 inch on the back and 1/2 inch on the front. What measurement on the iidtool should I go for?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IID Tool is in millimeters. Just convert inches to mm online.

half inch = 12.7mm
full inch = 25.4mm

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ah time to start thinking in metrics like the rest of the world ;)))
Surfrider is correct. Go for 25mm front and 12 or 13mm rear.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm a big chicken when it comes to modifying my stuff, but... I just want to make sure my thinking is correct and I'm doing this right before I raise mine with the IIDTool.

First, I would only raise it gain some additional clearance and better approach/departure/breakover when going offroad. I would likely reset it back to stock when I am finished with my drive.

Second, I have no mods (rods, etc.) on the truck. Just 265/65/18s which are pretty close to stock wheels in diameter. Not especially top heavy as I won't have my rack on top at the time. Tire is still underneath.

1 inch or 2 inches? (Excuse me, 25mm or 50mm)?

Thinking of doing Broken Arrow near Sedona and therefore thinking another inch or two of clearance and slightly better angles will help reduce the chance of breaking my bumper - again.

Am I correct in understanding that when I first installed/used my IIDTool that it saved the stock settings and that it is easy to restore?

Am I correct that if I tell the IIDTool to raise "All" that on road and off road will be raised that amount - 25mm or 55mm?

Does anyone else use this approach where you raise it before driving offroad and then drop it back down before you start driving the street/highway again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM