Indicator lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBART

Reaction score
I have a 00' disco II series with 105 k on it. Today my ABS and TC lights came on, i was concerned so i pulled into a service station to see if they could pull the codes, the guy told me to bring it back later. The weird part is when i started her back up the TC light had disapperaed then about 10 seconds later the ABS light disapperaed i drove extensivly (about another 75 miles) with the lights never reappearing. Is this a normal? I've had the vehical about a year and haven't had any major issues.should i ignore this or still have it looked at. My brakes seem to work fine.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First a piece of advise, you local repair shop probably will not be able to pull ABS related codes from you land rover, so don't waste you money letting them try.

Second. Normally you will get these lights because of a couple of reasons, either a) brake fluid is dirty and old. b) ABS sensors have dirt or rust on them causing false readings. c) the ABS shuttle valve is going bad. or d) the ABS Modulator is going bad.

I went from cheapest/easiest to the most expensive fixes.

I would beat on either a) or b)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635