Insurance for LR4 & RRS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all depends on how you are paying for the vehicles. Lease you will not get far without coverage. Purchase and I don't think they care at that point.

All states require proof of some property/liability insurance (independent policy for the vehicle) before registration can be completed. LEss to do about insuring the car, more to do about insurance in case you kit someone or something.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I forgot to add my Evoque to my insurance for two months. The dealer saw me with my two boys and wanted them out of the showroom ASAP. They just about threw me the keys ;)

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your buying two new Land Rovers but you don't have a clue about buying car insurance? What are we missing here?

Previous cars I bought were financed so the bank took care of insurance as they would be the primary beneficiary on the policy (basically covering/protecting their investment).

For a couple of years I simply had company cars for myself and my wife and someone took care of the insurance (not me).

In Panama I bought a Discovery 4 and a 328i, but both were paid in cash so no bank was involved. Both dealers had an "in-house" insurance agent sitting at a desk in the dealership who issued the policy with mandatory liability coverage and the added (optional) collision/comprehensive coverage (which I never used).

This will be my first car purchase in the U.S. (specifically CT) and I'm trying to get everything in order. I already made a down payment to order the LR4 and RRS but need to figure out insurance and registration requirements.

We will arrive in the US in late July.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is his first time to purchase vehicles in the states and I believe he is currently out of the country. I think he's just making sure he has everything covered before he gets here.

That's exactly it. The whole insurance/liability issue of the U.S. is a bit overwhelming. I just learned I will also need renter's insurance, which I have never had but assume will provide coverage for our belongings and any damage on the property.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly it. The whole insurance/liability issue of the U.S. is a bit overwhelming. I just learned I will also need renter's insurance, which I have never had but assume will provide coverage for our belongings and any damage on the property.
The whole process can be daunting!

I thought you were buying a home in CT? If so, I am not sure why you would need renter's insurance? Though, if you are renting, it is a good idea. You can typically get renter's insurance through the same insurance company and get a package deal. It's actually really cheap.

You are getting close to your move! :) Did you find a place in CT when you were there last month?

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole process can be daunting!

I thought you were buying a home in CT? If so, I am not sure why you would need renter's insurance? Though, if you are renting, it is a good idea. You can typically get renter's insurance through the same insurance company and get a package deal. It's actually really cheap.

You are getting close to your move! :) Did you find a place in CT when you were there last month?

-David

Hi David,

I will not buy right away. I want to build a credit history so that when I get a mortgage I can get a good rate on a 15-year fixed. I also want to figure out if the place we chose to live ends up being a good choice (schools and neighborhood). Most importantly, I am not sure how long we´ll be in CT (before my next relocation) so renting seems the logical choice (plus the company pays my rent).

We found a very nice home in Danbury which is a 5 minute drive from work, 3 blocks away from our daughter's school and close to shopping & restaurants.

970221_10151438653301993_638615837_n.jpg

Very important: a 2-car garage to receive our LR4 & RRS :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,

I will not buy right away. I want to build a credit history so that when I get a mortgage I can get a good rate on a 15-year fixed. I also want to figure out if the place we chose to live ends up being a good choice (schools and neighborhood). Most importantly, I am not sure how long we´ll be in CT (before my next relocation) so renting seems the logical choice (plus the company pays my rent).

We found a very nice home in Danbury which is a 5 minute drive from work, 3 blocks away from our daughter's school and close to shopping & restaurants.

970221_10151438653301993_638615837_n.jpg

Very important: a 2-car garage to receive our LR4 & RRS :biggrin:
The house looks awesome! :) That's a nice location. I totally agree that renting is the best thing to do until you figure out if you will be there more permanently.

Glad everything is taking shape. I bet you are actually more excited about the LR4 and RRS than the actual move - haha!

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the sweetest part of he move :biggrin:

I already sold the Discovery 4 here, so I picked up a rental car for the remaining month we have in Panama. Man... I do miss the Land Rover :argh:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the sweetest part of he move :biggrin:

I already sold the Discovery 4 here, so I picked up a rental car for the remaining month we have in Panama. Man... I do miss the Land Rover :argh:
I am excited to also hear your thoughts on going from the Discovery 4 TD to a V8 petrol.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We´ll let my wife be the judge on that one... I'm picking the RRS :proud:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM