Insurance for LR4 & RRS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will pick up our new vehicles the first week of August and assume I will require some kind of proof of insurance before taking them home.

How does this work? Do I need to contract coverage with a VIN the dealer can give me, beforehand?

Any recommendations? Should I just quote online with Progressive or Geico (these are the ones top of mind from the TV ads)?

Thanks for any help :smile:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the VIN numbers in advance and get quotes. Then call the one you choose from the dealership at the time of car pickup.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I do, I just pick up the vehicle and call my insurance company with the new vin number and lien name. I just figure that the difference in insurance is not a deal breaker. BTW, you have 1 week to transfer insurance from your existing vehicle to the new one.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The salesman calls the ins company when I pickup the truck and adds it to the plan with my approval.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. These will be our first vehicles bought and registered in the U.S. we have no insurance to transfer or insurance agent yet.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case, I would definately talk to an ins agent before you pick up te truck.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they'll let you leave with the truck if you don't have insurance right there and then.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they'll let you leave with the truck if you don't have insurance right there and then.

That all depends on how you are paying for the vehicles. Lease you will not get far without coverage. Purchase and I don't think they care at that point.

Yes I would get the vin the day or night before delivery and get some online quotes as well as your local guy. Coverage will then start at 12am the day of delivery. If you end up going with online just forward your confirmation and temporary insurance card to your sales guy.

faspaz

Reaction score
I will pick up our new vehicles the first week of August and assume I will require some kind of proof of insurance before taking them home.

How does this work? Do I need to contract coverage with a VIN the dealer can give me, beforehand?

Any recommendations? Should I just quote online with Progressive or Geico (these are the ones top of mind from the TV ads)?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Your buying two new Land Rovers but you don't have a clue about buying car insurance? What are we missing here?

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is his first time to purchase vehicles in the states and I believe he is currently out of the country. I think he's just making sure he has everything covered before he gets here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM