iPad Stylus Pen = Awesome!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I must say that I love using an iPad stylus pen on my LCD touch screen. It works great for hitting that "AGREE" screen button for the navigation start-up, as well as much easier to enter in information and navigate around the system. I used to use my finger, but the iPad stylus pen seems to be the perfect size/material to really work well and the touch screen is very responsive. I HIGHLY recommend getting one.

Plus, the big thing, you don't get all those annoying fingerprints! :wink:

It is easy to store in the little cubby holes and inexpensive.

-David

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish someone could figure out how to bypass that stupid Agree screen.

For every car that I've owned with nav, one of the first things I've done was to search for a solution to that. I've been able to find one for all of them except this one.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For every car that I've owned with nav, one of the first things I've done was to search for a solution to that. I've been able to find one for all of them except this one.
Hey rainmn,

I have searched everyone and talked to two dealerships and they tell me it cannot be bypassed. It's really annoying!

-David

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course the dealer would say that - for them to tell you otherwise would be a huge liability.

The bypass for my Acura was written by a software engineer, and posted on an Acura forum.

I had to download a couple of modified files, burn them to a DVD, put the system into diagnositc mode, and upload the modified files from the DVD.

My bet is that something similar could be done with just about any vehicle - it just requires someone with the skillset to do it. (Which certainly isn't me.)

For my Lexus, it was a lot easier. I bought an aftermarket iPod interface, and the company who made it also built in the option for the device to automatically "press" the I agree button.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to press the "I Agree" screen every time if I could get some Central American maps on my NAV system :mad:

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
There are lots of options for styli out there.

http://www.stylusmart.com/

My personal favorite is the Fisher Space Pen with the stylus on the body.

77757460-149x149-0-0_Fisher+Matte+Black+Space+Pen+with+Stylus+and+Clip.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots of options for styli out there.

http://www.stylusmart.com/

My personal favorite is the Fisher Space Pen with the stylus on the body.

77757460-149x149-0-0_Fisher+Matte+Black+Space+Pen+with+Stylus+and+Clip.jpg
Yes, definitely!

I found one that was smaller and silver and it works great. Any iPad stylus pen would work well, and there are many options available. Many are very cheap.

Do you use one as well on your LCD screen?

-David

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Do you use one as well on your LCD screen?
I had one in the car for a while, but it kept disappearing into the wife's purse and ultimately I gave up.

This thread has me working on a plan B though. What about a lightweight stylus that is attached to a retractable i.d. badge lanyard, which is then zip tied to the back of the rear view mirror?

88467457-260x260-0-0_Quartet+gbc+GBC+Retractable+ID+Badge+Holder+Gray+2.jpg
Pda%20Stylus%20Pen_4.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one in the car for a while, but it kept disappearing into the wife's purse and ultimately I gave up.

This thread has me working on a plan B though. What about a lightweight stylus that is attached to a retractable i.d. badge lanyard, which is then zip tied to the back of the rear view mirror?

88467457-260x260-0-0_Quartet+gbc+GBC+Retractable+ID+Badge+Holder+Gray+2.jpg
Pda%20Stylus%20Pen_4.jpg
Hey CaptainSpalding,

That's a great idea! I don't need it, as I am the only one driving the truck and I just keep it in the little cubby hole near the terrain response selector. Good luck!

-David

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had the same gripe about my bimmer. Somehow they decided to fix it for a future SW revision. Then came the hard part get the SW updated because the clowns at the dealership won't update unless there was a very good reason. My steering wheel lock started giving me problems and they had to give me an update. It not just removed the "i agree" but it also upgrade several features.

Maybe LR will let us update SW on the nav with the 2012 version :proud:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635