Jackall or Highlift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are pretty much the same. I say, go for the cheaper one. I got mine new for $54.00. You just have to look for a deal.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 48" Hi-Lift for $35 at Fleet-Farm -- go to a farm equipment store for the best deals.

I've said it before too -- 48" is perfectly adequate unless you have mondo lift...

Andy

O

oldnic

48" hi-lift is what i've got as well not just for the landrover ,it has a multitude of uses
e.g
winching
removing cast iron baths
post pulling
even used it to take antique furniture apart :smile:

bhodisatva

Reaction score
If you do consider winching with your hi-lift, you will probably find that with the 48" you will only be able to use chain as the jack is too short to take up the tension in most ropes. Have used both hi-lift and jackall, my personal preference is for the hi-lift but both are equally as good in my opinion.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. Roy is right - if you ever plan to winch with jack - go for 60". Its not that much bigger and heavier and when hooked up outside - who cares how big is it :)

Also, while i had 48" cheapy knock-off from hi-lift and never had issues with it (but then i used it like few times only), other people keep reporting horror stories of those bending in very inappropriate moment. Something to consider.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Hi-Lift for about 15 years now. 48" W/Jackmate has served me well dozens of times for lifting,winching,clamping,pushing, around the home, trucks, and at work. The stamped steel version will even fit fairly well into your 2" reciever! As always though, be very careful! LRW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9