Joined Team LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imasoldier2

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am the proud new owner of a 2011 LR4 HSE. I've been a Land Rover fan for years and am glad to finally own one. I was originally leaning towards the RRS but the 5.0L V8 in the LR4 seemed to be a little more reliable.

As with any vehicle, I am already plotting out what I want to do to this. Real Estate by day, outdoorsman in free time, a Land Rover provides the best of both worlds. Interior-wise, I don't think there is much that needs to be done, and nothing that is high on my priority list. My priority is to enhance it's off-road capability and create a unique look. This presents some questions....(and please no "use the search button" comments, I have, I am, but there's hours of research to do).

1) Johnson Rods. Obviously a must. But is an alignment really not necessary afterwards? Are people getting even tire wear with the rods installed? And does this place any extra stress on the CV Joints?

2) What is the max size tire that can fit without spacers or significant trimming? (minding that offset could be adjusted to compensate width) I'd like a wider tire and to create a little wider stance. I'm leaning towards a Terra Grappler 275/55-20 which measures 31.9" x 11.2" mounted on 20" Fuel Hostages with a +35 offset (meaning it would sit slightly further out than the stock offset of +47-53). Links below. Does anyone else have a similar size setup that I could see? I've seen a few that have the right size/height ratio I'm looking for, but have not been able to zero in on their tire sizes. Also, I don't mind shaping a little plastic but I don't want to do any serious trimming at this point. The last thing I want to do though is spend $2k on wheels on tires, get them on, and realize it's smaller than the look I was going for.

3) If anyone is running a similar size tire, what are you seeing in MPG decrease? It's not going to stop me, I got 12 on my last truck, just curious what I'll be looking at.

If it helps I can post some pics of some that are similar to what I want to achieve.

Amazon.com: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Traction Radial Tire - 275/55R20 117T: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XcKx85THL.@@AMEPARAM@@41XcKx85THL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-D531-H...ash=item464c096162:g:sSYAAOSwq19XCB~7&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35

Imasoldier2

Reaction score
This is an alternative color option that intrigues me too because I think it would be a decently close match to the Stornaway Grey. That is the exact tire and wheel size specifications as above.

Attachments

• DSCN101776.jpg
    DSCN101776.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 32

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I will not say use the search, but I will say tech questions are best in the LR4 section to get more responses. Most people do not read the introductions.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking rover by the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72