Jump-start the battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shehab

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My LR4's battery is dead, like when I press the Start button it only do a tick sound, and I notice that all the lights go dim when I do that.

The the reason for that is fuel shortage (the tank is EMPTY!) and that's because of whats going on in my country these days (I'm from Yemen btw) We've been without any sort of fuel for 55 days now, but I managed to find 10 liters of petrol for the car.

So I was wondering, is it safe if I jump-start the battery?

And could such act damage any electrical components, like the computer or the screen and radio?

And if your gonna say (just buy a new battery) I can't, no dealer or battery shop is open these days.

Thanks in advance.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you can jump start your battery. if jumping from another car leave the cable hooked up for a minute or two before starting the lr4. wow no fuel for that long in yemen. hopefully everything works out for you.

goodluck

Shehab

Reaction score
yes you can jump start your battery. if jumping from another car leave the cable hooked up for a minute or two before starting the lr4. wow no fuel for that long in yemen. hopefully everything works out for you.

goodluck

Thanks mate, no fuel and no electricity, but thanks, I'll do what u told me.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had any issues jump starting the battery of a Land Rover, it's just like any other car and you need to take the same type of precautions and use common sense, that's all. Nothing will get damaged. 10 liters of fuel ain't much in a bone-dry tank, a couple of trips around the block and you may be starving for gas again, so don't stray too far from home in an attempt to recharge the battery...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo