L319 vs. L462...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still nah, it's not the engine but the rather the transmission. Maybe you just need too much power to enjoy the ride. I still have my 2004 disco and find it just fine. It's obviously not quick, I have a twin turbo inline 6 mt6 wagon for that ;)

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rode behind the new D5 for a bit yesterday. It just has too much RR look and not enough LR look. I think it's because the rear bumper basically doesn't exist. The LR4 has a much better bumper that is an actual step whereas the D5 isn't pronounced and just doesn't look like you could step up on it and grab anything off the roof rack. I also just can't get over the missing command seating setup. It's going to be a long road for my LR4 at this point. :)

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actively searching for a new vehicle for the wife to replace her GLS 450.

After taking a look at the D5, she asked me to find the lowest mileage, newest LR4 that I am able to locate for her.

Interesting observation to me, as she cares nothing about offroad capability. She is the classic kid hauler, grocery getter, etc., but the D5 did not make it into the finals for her consideration.

I can't help but think they missed the mark a bit.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actively searching for a new vehicle for the wife to replace her GLS 450.

After taking a look at the D5, she asked me to find the lowest mileage, newest LR4 that I am able to locate for her.

Interesting observation to me, as she cares nothing about offroad capability. She is the classic kid hauler, grocery getter, etc., but the D5 did not make it into the finals for her consideration.

I can't help but think they missed the mark a bit.

Two words: Command Seating.

Actually 4 words. Command Seating Great Visibility

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two words: Command Seating.

Actually 4 words. Command Seating Great Visibility

That's one of the things I love about the LR4. Only vehicles I've sat in with better visibility was my old first-gen Discovery and a Benz G500, which is like driving an aircraft control tower.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG-20190223-165459-2855.jpg

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth a thousand words.

The one in the front, way more substance and presence. The one in the back, not so much.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The L405 has grown on me--to the point where it's currently the only new Land Rover that I would buy--but the L322 was such a phenomenal design, and I think it's because it drew so much inspiration from the Range Rover Classic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi