Land Rover Owner's Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Is anyone participating in the LR owner's day in Vermont this weekend?

I will be attending with my wife maybe we'll see some of you up there. We will be heading there on Saturday.

Axel

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but I am going to the event sponsored by Land Rover Hanover & Cape Cod next weekend at some sand & gravel pit. Supposedly two Land Rover Camel Cup drivers are building an obstacle course. Should be interesting, especially since my wife & kids are coming along.

After reading the disclaimer I need to sign regarding possible vehicle damage, we'll bring the LR3 to this event.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but I am going to the event sponsored by Land Rover Hanover & Cape Cod next weekend at some sand & gravel pit. Supposedly two Land Rover Camel Cup drivers are building an obstacle course. Should be interesting, especially since my wife & kids are coming along.

After reading the disclaimer I need to sign regarding possible vehicle damage, we'll bring the LR3 to this event.

The event was a ton of fun and I'm very happy I got to use my own truck rather than one of the school.

We did sign a lengthy waiver which I didn't even bother reading otherwise I would be too worried about what might happen.

Paul, based on the video of last year event (which you can find on LR Hanover website under the media tab) you shouldn't worry about anything and take your LR4.

I am liking forward to meeting you net weekend.

Axel

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel (or anyone in the area), you should consider going on the Vermont Overland Wassail day trip, December 15th. The date is wrong on the website. But I plan to go and will drive the LR4, not my d90. Will have my kids along which will prove entertaining. Contact VO if interested.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axel, looking forward to meeting you as well. Glad to hear the VT event was fun. We'll be bringing our gray LR3. It has rather worn Cooper Zeons, which are still better than the OE Contis on the LR4. And I recently removed the lower plastic "skid plate" so the front tow hook is now exposed.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel (or anyone in the area), you should consider going on the Vermont Overland Wassail day trip, December 15th. The date is wrong on the website. But I plan to go and will drive the LR4, not my d90. Will have my kids along which will prove entertaining. Contact VO if interested.

Hi Dave,

I just checked the VO website and it seems that registration is already closed... (I assume the wrong date on the website is 12/9).
Any inside info on how to get a spot?

Thank you

Axel

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axel, looking forward to meeting you as well. Glad to hear the VT event was fun. We'll be bringing our gray LR3. It has rather worn Cooper Zeons, which are still better than the OE Contis on the LR4. And I recently removed the lower plastic "skid plate" so the front tow hook is now exposed.

Paul, your LR3 did great. I think I have a lot of footage of you going over obstacles.
Today was fun, just wish we could have gone over the course a couple more times.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Axel, nice to meet you yesterday. That event was fun, amazing to see how capable our vehicles are. I imagine the Cooper Zeon tires helped. Also, I had the 4x4 screen on and noticed the center and rear differential frequently changed to the red locked symbol.

I thought the hardest part was navigating between the tight trees with our big vehicles. I had an Evoque in front of me which had no problem weaving through the woods. I was really impressed at how capable the Evoque was. Of course it was often on 3 wheels and bottomed-out a few times, but still did a great job and never got stuck.

I could have gone for one more lap through the course as well. Funny how much faster we all went through the course on the second lap once we knew what to expect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM