Land Rover Tailgate Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Golfer1659

Reaction score
I get lots of noise from my tailgate......not it actually making noises, but EVERYTHING outside, sounds like there is barely a door in the back. I am used to BMW and Audi where it is very quiet inside, is this not the case with the LR3, loving this truck otherwise though with the new tires.........

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not normal. I also came from BMW's, and the LR3 is solid as a bank vault.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silicon spray the latches and it should help out... worked for me

Golfer1659

Reaction score
That is not normal. I also came from BMW's, and the LR3 is solid as a bank vault.

What model BMW's did you come from because you are showing a 2005 LR3, so if you came from like the E36 models then those things were far from quiet. I am used to E46 and E90's.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model BMW's did you come from because you are showing a 2005 LR3, so if you came from like the E36 models then those things were far from quiet. I am used to E46 and E90's.
Going OT but since you asked :) I've owned E21, E36, E46, and E90. Have driven many many others too.

IMG_5973Small.jpg

Last edited:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well addressing the Audi side - the LR3 is a bank vault. Extremely quiet compared to the A3, A4 and A6 in my past

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tailgate and rear noise are my only real complaints. Mine is horribly loud. I've replaced the updated rubber tab guides (I had the spring mounts) and have had no luck. It's the one weak spot for noise in my opinion. If you have a quiet tailgate area you're lucky.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the center latch on the tailgate(attaches to window section) and hit the two posts that the bottom tailgate section attached to.

If that doesn't do it, you can adjust the two pieces where the window section meets the body. They are these little springloaded thingers(best I could do).

Lastly, if that doesn't do it, check what is inside those rear storage cubbys. They are hard plastic on the inside, so a metal or hard plastic item in there can rattle and sound like it is the tailgate area.

Hope that helps...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM