Land Rover Warn Winch Accessory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the guys on another thread here shared that there is a 2016.5 "mini-brochure" out or something like that and that they have a new kit brochure that has reintroduced the Warn Winch. I have been on the fence about a winch but if I do go with one I would like it to be the "hidden" type. Might LR be dumping some stock and if so would this be a reasonable option?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they made a hidden winch and mount available this late in the game for the LR4. The current Warn winch is already available as an accessory for the LR4, but it is ridiculously overpriced (as most OEM accessories are): http://accessories.landrover.com/us/en/lr4/carrying-towing/winch/vplap0130-winch-kit/. Note that it doesn't appear to be compatible with the 2014+ V6 SC engine, though (I imagine because it interferes with the airflow to the supercharger's intercooler?)

Last edited:

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
That was my posting about the 2016.5 brochure. The Warn mount is a exposed mount and from what I understand the 2013 was the last year it was available in the standard LR4 brochure. The salesmen I asked didn't seem to have a definitive answer as to why but I suspect the fact the V8 was replaced by the V6 that year that it is, as you say, associated with the engine. What I don't know is if the Warn winch now is compatable with the 2014+ or simply old stock being sold off and intended for 2013 or older models.

I'd really prefer a hidden winch mount, but I not against the exposed winch if it looks right.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Although winches are not my cup of tea, I have been very satisfied with my Rasta 4X4 underbody protection out of Israel, and they make a very nice looking hidden winch mount. See http://www.rasta4x4.com/ProductsByFamily0769.html?Type=2 . Although listed as an LR3 install, they told me it would fit an LR4 (in my case MY2010). You can also see a photo, and I assume purchase, at
http://www.roverworld.com/images/Products/rasta4x4-04.jpg

For those who are tracking my travels...my truck is (*finally*) done with its ($$$!@!%!) extensive modifications and hopefully will be on its way back to Africa soon (this summer). Can't wait to get it back into action, see how she looks and drives, and post the forum all the updates in order to see folks comments. A winch (and bull bar) seems to be about the only thing I haven't done to it.

Hope this helps-
Land Rover Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM