Language settings/clock reset itself overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vindio

Reaction score
Has anybody gone to start their LR4 to find the settings/clock reset overnight? I suspect a battery issue, but the vehicle cranked and started okay (a bit slow, as it's cold in PA).

I'm going to replace the battery today just in case (it's a 4-yr old DieHard AGM), but want to make sure I'm not missing something more obvious.

The LR4 runs great otherwise! (140K miles)

v

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the battery, even if it started. Things start getting weird in the weeks before the battery finally goes.

How old is the battery?

vindio

Reaction score
Probably the battery, even if it started. Things start getting weird in the weeks before the battery finally goes.

How old is the battery?

The battery is exactly 4 yrs old.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like with an LR4, anything more than 2.5 - 3 years is on borrowed time.

vindio

Reaction score
Went to Sears to get a new battery, and they noticed that one of my terminals (the one closest to the firewall) was loose, and won't tighten it. Apparently it's a "smart terminal" that only the dealer can replace? Does that sound right? Will take another look tomorrow.

v

Tnt47

Reaction score
Went to Sears to get a new battery, and they noticed that one of my terminals (the one closest to the firewall) was loose, and won't tighten it. Apparently it's a "smart terminal" that only the dealer can replace? Does that sound right? Will take another look tomorrow.

v

Did you ever figure out why this was happening and if so, did you find a solution?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My symptoms were time reset, and the absence of HD radio. The HD radio came back after the battery was swapped. I have no idea what the correlation is.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM