Leaking air spring replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveC101

Reaction score
I just finished replacing the front struts on my LR3. The struts are rebuilds from Suncore and are as good as new.

Here's the video which has some very good tips found nowhere else as far as I can tell. The first is to remove the heat shields to access the top nut closest to the engine; the second is to unclip the air line to give more space to remove and replace the connection. I'd also add that you'll need a bottle jack to raise the strut when the air line is re-attached. This isn't technically difficult but it does take it out of you.

One last thing, don't make the mistake I did by failing to thread the line back through the guide hole before re-attaching. I was tired and it crushed the line.

e_chops

Reaction score
Turns out to be best case scenario I think. The front valve block had worked its way off of it's mount and was laying in the space between the fender liner and the back of the bumper. It's been bouncing around for a while it looks like and it wore down the green air line and sprung a leak. I'll try to repair with some epoxy as a temp or maybe permanent fix. I guess the moral of the story is to not make assumptions and shoot your mouth off before you actually put eyes on the issue. On the bright side, when it's time to do the front struts the plan is in place. Arnott strut assembly or maybe look into Suncore. Thanks for the responses guys I really appreciate it.
I just replaced my front valve block. I went with the cheap route. The block seems to be working fine, but the ‘Voss’ connectors that came with the block were total crap - kept blowing airlines out of the block. I ended salvaging the connector from the old block.

Pop that front right wheel off and the block sits behind the wheel liner. Slid it up to remove it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA