Leaking Transmission Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had to replace their leaking transmission fluid lines? My neighbor has their 2016 LR4 in for new brakes and the dealer said they need to replace the leaking transmission lines. They also said this is a very common issue.

Is this really a common issue and I missed reading the posts here?

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?? Just 2 years old? At how many miles? These so called "common issues" by dealers are leading me to seriously look at the math again about maintaining a Land Rover vs getting a new/CPO SUV (not necessarily a LR) where this repairs are taken care of by dealer "free of charge".

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer said mine is leaking as well but i haven't had a chance to check. I'm waiting for some warm weather. I'm at 193,000 km. It might just be a scenario were you just need to slightly tighten the bolt that goes to the rad or the other end coming out of the tranny. But we all know the dealer don't like to just tighten stuff to make the problem go away, they love to change it $$$$

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor's LR4 has 78,000 miles on it. Last month they had to replace the "fuel rail" on one side of the engine at a cost of $2000. She said she's done with LR and will be looking for a replacement. (And certainly not the D5 as she has had them as loaners and doesn't like it at all) Probably a Q7 or the new X7.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't help matters that LR dealers tend to charge exorbitant prices.

But as I've mentioned before, a crucial component of my decision to buy my LR4 was that I knew I would not drive it that much (~6.5k miles/year). It is certainly an expensive vehicle to own - poor fuel economy, brakes that don't last that long, crazy dealer prices for service, etc. But I am mechanically inclined and have a lift at home, so that combined with low usage, should (hopefully) make it a reasonable long-term proposition.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't help matters that LR dealers tend to charge exorbitant prices.

But as I've mentioned before, a crucial component of my decision to buy my LR4 was that I knew I would not drive it that much (~6.5k miles/year). It is certainly an expensive vehicle to own - poor fuel economy, brakes that don't last that long, crazy dealer prices for service, etc. But I am mechanically inclined and have a lift at home, so that combined with low usage, should (hopefully) make it a reasonable long-term proposition.

My wife drives hers about 4K miles a year. I use mine for work (client visits & delivering jobs) so I charge the maintenance/repairs & gas to the company. Otherwise it would be an expensive vehicle to drive 30K miles per year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM