LED Projector Puddle Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny part of this is that there I was all gleeful about this tiny modification and I was so excited to go out that night and see them on the ground. Hopped into it in the garage and the battery was so low it wouldn't crank. I immediately thought: "Oh no, what have I done?" Turns out I was on the OEM battery still. I guess 6 years is enough for one battery. Threw a new battery in and whew...now it's just fun to see them. :)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the battery was so low it wouldn't crank. I immediately thought: "Oh no, what have I done?"

I ask you, is there a vehicle out there that delivers more pure fun but also more scares-per-minute than a Land Rover??!! We're a sick bunch.

Sunroof drains
Limp mode
Scary factory jacks
Crossover pipes and waterpumps
Brake switches
Rear gate actuators
Insta-death batteries
Timing chains
...to which we can now add: Puddle lamps

:eek::D

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ask you, is there a vehicle out there that delivers more pure fun but also more scares-per-minute than a Land Rover??!! We're a sick bunch.

Sunroof drains
Limp mode
Scary factory jacks
Crossover pipes and waterpumps
Brake switches
Rear gate actuators
Insta-death batteries
Timing chains
...to which we can now add: Puddle lamps

:eek::D

You need a ride with me in my hotrodded 997TT....

:)

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I don’t know if it was “instadeath” as I saw a battery warning a few weeks ago and sort of shrugged it off when I didn’t have any other issues like others have reported. Then “boom” it died. I suppose I might need to setup a trickle system given my low mileage use.

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
Can I get a long term review of these? The $14 a pair ones off Amazon still work? Easy plug play as described for all four doors? Almost seems too good to be true. I’ve got a passenger front one that is out and a passenger rear one that is cracked.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Not my cup of tea. Reeks like those coloured neon underbody lighting Ricers were famous for. That being said your rig, carry on.

Slowpoke13

Reaction score
Well, I appreciate your non-review of the product I asked for. My LR4 came with them, two of them don’t work, and I’d like to replace them so all is back to normal.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, can anyone post a link for a reliable set of these door courtesy lights? I seem to go through them every couple months. They just don't last as long. They're so cheap on amazon/ebay. I'd much rather spend my money on some quality ones or just cheap ones that you guys have had luck with. The image always "cracks" after a few months.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, can anyone post a link for a reliable set of these door courtesy lights? I seem to go through them every couple months. They just don't last as long. They're so cheap on amazon/ebay. I'd much rather spend my money on some quality ones or just cheap ones that you guys have had luck with. The image always "cracks" after a few months.
I haven't bought them yet, but these are on my list:

WHITE LED Door Courtesy Lights for Land Rover Discovery 3 & 4 (2pc)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72