lift kit suggestions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to lift my 96 discovery. what do you guys rercomend and where should i order from? id like a 2" lift atleast but dont want to have to do any other mods if possable. is 3" possabe w out any other mods?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3"'s would be pushing it, I would suggest a 2" from Old Man Emu, check out Lucky 8's prices for their medium lift along with the H.D. OME shocks and a steering stabilizer.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are also a great company, a little slow on getting products out to you but hopefully that will come back.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow Disco Mike's advice - you will be safe at a 2" lift via OME springs and shocks; 3" is pushing it as you start to strain the angle on your u-joints, etc., and you still may want to make certain your brake hoses are happy with even 2" lift.

BTW - Atlantic British has a fairly good deal on decent brake flex hoses if you need a little more length in that department.

Wolf

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you been off-roading your Disco? If less than a year, or very little, I'd forget a lift until you have more seat time and see where it's really lacking.
If you have a lot of money to throw at it, I guess you could go for it, as long as you keep in mind it might not be what you really need/want once you've spent more time off-road.

That said, I have 2" OME on my D1 (probably down to 1" now) and have been happy with it.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you been off-roading your Disco? If less than a year, or very little, I'd forget a lift until you have more seat time and see where it's really lacking.
If you have a lot of money to throw at it, I guess you could go for it, as long as you keep in mind it might not be what you really need/want once you've spent more time off-road.

That said, I have 2" OME on my D1 (probably down to 1" now) and have been happy with it.

I agree If you have been on the trails less than a year you should wait a while on the lift. You may find that with the right driving style off road that you don't need a lift. Our rovers are very capable as they are. Plus a lift will only let you get stuck in worse places than before. Is your rover your daily driver or just for fun?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak