Lift rods?? Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been really thinking about lift rods knowing I’m installing 255/60/19’ on my LR4 once the regular tires are toast. Knowing that I’m going to have my LR4 for as long as possible and don’t want to have another compressor replace (mine was replaced at 95k car is currently at 105k). Anyone who has been running lift rods for a long time, how has it affected compressor life and is it really worth it when it comes to off-roading. Also if it does, how does it affect the shocks as well. I did the front two just under 6k miles ago but have not done the back. Just as a bonus how much body roll does it add on the back roads.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift rods don't help for tire clearance. If you want a lift I'd do it via the iid tool that way you can quickly have as much or little as you like and go back and forth between various settings.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that it doesn’t help tire clearance, but with the new tires I’m thinking that it will not only look mean with a lift but also would improve it significantly off-road, I’m just nervous about wear it does.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run rods in combination with strut spacers and without for 50K miles.

I have not had to replace any driveline parts due to failure, just some on a preventative basis at 88K.

Look at GOE rods. They allow you to change from normal to lifted within 2 minutes or so.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that it doesn’t help tire clearance, but with the new tires I’m thinking that it will not only look mean with a lift but also would improve it significantly off-road, I’m just nervous about wear it does.

What tires are you going to run in your desired size?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a picture

1F40BD31-9E0F-4DD2-B934-FEB098B11721.png

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run those. Sidewall is weaker than factory tires.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72