Liftmaster Garage Door Opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a newer Liftmaster garage door opener? If so, were you able to get it to work with your rear view mirror garage buttons? I'm having a hard time getting them to sync with the opener.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! That's it! Ughhh...wish I knew this before replacing my garage doors. Thanks!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Liftmaster's CS and sound pretty ****** about the newly found incompatibility between your expensive late model car's Homelink remote and their overpriced garage opener, which nobody told you about before your purchase. They will offer you the repeater free of charge (actually they will charge you a nominal shipping fee for it, $7 or so.)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all worked out for me with the repeater. Don't sweat it.

One suggestion, do not put the repeater directly over your vehicle (which is a convenient place to put it as it shares the same AC outlet as the opener). I found that with mine placed there I get interference between I guess the roof and repeater location and it doesn't always work once my car is in the garage. I know it is repeater related because when I'm in the garage, the remote the came with the opener works fine, but the one in the LR does not.

Works everywhere else, so I'm guessing it's just location of the LR transmitter and location of the Remoter receiver not being ideal to receive each other.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all worked out for me with the repeater. Don't sweat it.

One suggestion, do not put the repeater directly over your vehicle (which is a convenient place to put it as it shares the same AC outlet as the opener). I found that with mine placed there I get interference between I guess the roof and repeater location and it doesn't always work once my car is in the garage. I know it is repeater related because when I'm in the garage, the remote the came with the opener works fine, but the one in the LR does not.

Works everywhere else, so I'm guessing it's just location of the LR transmitter and location of the Remoter receiver not being ideal to receive each other.

Does that happen when your LR is parked in the garage and you press the button on the monitor? If so, I don't think I would hit the button on the mirror while I'm parked in the garage. Just when I roll up to the driveway.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only happens while the car is in the garage, and it'll eventually work if you press it enough times. Repeater is over my head by the garage door opener. (I'm going to move it to my wife's side of the garage which should alleviate the problem). At any other time, the repeater works with the normal range of an opener.

Yes, I use the button while the truck is in the garage... may seem odd but I do it at times just before I shut the car off. I'll have kids or a pet that I don't want running out.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have liftmasters and they won't program to homelink in the LR4 without those stupid repeaters. I just use the included remote because I'm lazy.

archit3kt

Reaction score
I just bought a 2015 HSE and have a Chamberlain Liftmaster. What I had to do was:

1) Program the visor to the garage door opener as normal...which obviously does nothing yet...see next steps...
2) Push the "learn" button on the garage door unit (was behind the light cover..purple button)
3) I then had 30 seconds to go back to the visor and hold the programmed button down for 2 seconds...then release. Repeat the 2 second hold and release 3 more times.
4) Profit!

Those directions were in the manual under "Progressive programming" or something like that. I didn't need to use a repeater. Hope that helps some...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut