Light Bar Wiring Routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say I wanted to put a light bar on my roof rack. Is there any way for me to run the wires without drilling my roof? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks-

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run it inside the exterior a-pillar trim.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto.

Wire to bar up a pillar trim. Switchleg to cabin through unused grommet behind brake booster.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s where mine is. Just be careful with the a pillar clips as they can break and then it will not go on right. And I don’t love the wiring situation coming out of the front rack rail cover. It has a hard time totally snapping down with the extra wire and connector in there.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same. I bought a replacement A-pillar trim cover off eBay for about $80 to modify and put a hole in the top for the wiring to come out nicely. It came with new clips too.

James Stewart

Reaction score
Sorry new to Land Rover world, I know this is an old post but does anyone have any pictures of their install? Really want some big bright lights on my roof.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To reflect off the hood, of course!
Hey now, they didn't say whether the lights would be pointing forward! But, I'm new too and it's always helpful to see how others have wired up their lights and accessories. The DIYs are all over the place. I'll be wiring some lights in the near future, on the grill, and will be trying to find an example of where to tap the switch into in order to light up with the cabin lights when headlights are swithced.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Hey now, they didn't say whether the lights would be pointing forward! But, I'm new too and it's always helpful to see how others have wired up their lights and accessories. The DIYs are all over the place. I'll be wiring some lights in the near future, on the grill, and will be trying to find an example of where to tap the switch into in order to light up with the cabin lights when headlights are swithced.

I have a rocker switch panel where the ash tray is on my '11 LR4. Rocker switch 12V power are coming from my aux battery, illumination 12V power is from the cigarette lighter, and I have a cat6 cable as the signal wire to the fuse/relay box in the engine bay. Cat6 wires simply provides a signal to the fused relays, and the main power to the relays provide up to 30A of 12V power.

The output of the relays goes to various lights and accessories. I run a 12 awg marine wire up either side of the A piller.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA