Link to How to Change an LR3's oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This probably isn't the right place to ask about this, but since its a how to thread... I have a disco series 1 original technical publications CD. it has been invaluable, but I have not been able to find one for my 06 LR3...I've checked several sites including Atlantic British. Does one exist in this CD to PDF format or do you have to have level 4 clearance to the top secret Land Rover Dealer only website to access info?

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It requires top secret access, but it can be purchased for $14.00 a day. Then you have everything at your disposal. I spent about 6 hours creating PDF files. Had I printed it and made a booklet it would have easily been in the thousands. Complete breakdown of every component and even had the land rover tech student manuals. If your a diy I would higly suggest it. I am doing the 90k service myself tomorrow and total cost is about $250.00. Beats the hell out of the $1000.00 quote I got from the dealership and the manual gives almost paint by numbers instructions on how to do everything.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. $14 is definitely less than the CD. is the format easy to print to PDF? did you use a pdf writter/printer like acrobat pro or something? I will certainly look into it. BTW I saw you are an engineer. I'm an architect and I really enjoy looking at the exploded diagrams showing the systems and how everything goes together.I know its kinda messed up but its almost a car guys ****!

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It requires top secret access, but it can be purchased for $14.00 a day. Then you have everything at your disposal. I spent about 6 hours creating PDF files. Had I printed it and made a booklet it would have easily been in the thousands. Complete breakdown of every component and even had the land rover tech student manuals. If your a diy I would higly suggest it. I am doing the 90k service myself tomorrow and total cost is about $250.00. Beats the hell out of the $1000.00 quote I got from the dealership and the manual gives almost paint by numbers instructions on how to do everything.

how bout you put those pdf's online so people can download them....?

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be glad to, only problem is there are about 500 of them.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I just had my 37,500 mile service done. The manage recommended I come back in at 41,250 for an oil change. This seems a bit too frequent and a way for him to get into my pockets. Plus, if anything that needs done, can't be done under warranty, I'll likely do it myself.

Any truth to the 3,750 mile oil change interval?

J.D.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's truth to the fact that the dealers WANT to do it that often, yes. There's also the manual's truth, which says 7500 miles. I just can't get myself to go 7500. 5000 has been beaten into my head over the years...
I do it myself, both because I hate being ripped off and because it's quicker than having the dealer do it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I just had my 37,500 mile service done. The manage recommended I come back in at 41,250 for an oil change. This seems a bit too frequent and a way for him to get into my pockets. Plus, if anything that needs done, can't be done under warranty, I'll likely do it myself.

Any truth to the 3,750 mile oil change interval?

If you only drive 600 to 700 miles per month, I guess there is some truth to that... :wink: I need a lube job about every 3 months or so, because I average 2500 miles / month on my daily driver Sport. The FREE!!! Complimentary Maintenance Program on my brand new 2006 RRS lasted a whopping 18 months. :frown: But I know some owners who drive their LR very little (at least according to my standards), in which case mileage is not really an issue, the 6-month interval is.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. We drive ours daily and have racked up 8-9k miles in the past 5 months. I will wait for the final "FREE" service at 45k, and then begin my own 5000 mile change interval. I figured it was a ploy.

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4