Local dealership closed, bummer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out this morning that the nearest Land Rover dealership closed. It was about 30 minutes from my house. I did some warranty work a couple of weeks ago and they even said they were going to order a part for me. I called today to see if the part had come in, and found out they had "consolidated" their two locations and moved everything to the other dealership, which is a little over an hour from me :( An hour isn't *too* bad, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Anyway, my warranty expires next June. I am wondering if anyone with the Ford ESP (or any other extended warranty) knows if work can be done at a non-Land Rover dealership, or if that would even be a good idea. I have a Ford dealership within just a few miles of home and work.

Thanks

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, this is the American Fork Utah dealership if anyone cares.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the "easy care" warranty, which is the official LR extended warranty, and I can have work done at any dealer, LR or indy shop. The warranty pays back the shop for the claim, only a $100 deducatable.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, this is the American Fork Utah dealership if anyone cares.

The plan is to close Centerville also when a new 'ship is built at Southtowne. Spoke to Hadley about this (owner of both Am. Fork and Centerville- as well as the old Intermountain dealership building (which he closed about a year ago.)

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plan is to close Centerville also when a new 'ship is built at Southtowne. Spoke to Hadley about this (owner of both Am. Fork and Centerville- as well as the old Intermountain dealership building (which he closed about a year ago.)

Ah, that's good news. American Fork was still better, but I am near Southtowne relatively often (compared to Centerville). Any idea when then plan on building in Southtowne? I mentioned to a couple people at Centerville that I was bummed because I was in Utah county, and they didn't mention anything about a new one being built... but depending on the situation, I guess I wouldn't really expect them to.

Thanks much for the info!

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that's good news. American Fork was still better, but I am near Southtowne relatively often (compared to Centerville). Any idea when then plan on building in Southtowne? I mentioned to a couple people at Centerville that I was bummed because I was in Utah county, and they didn't mention anything about a new one being built... but depending on the situation, I guess I wouldn't really expect them to.

Thanks much for the info!

He did not say when or exactly where, but I imagine theuy won't build until the economy improves some at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635