Looking at a 2010 HSE 5.0 w/ 105kmiles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
Either getting tomorrow or Tuesday, anything I should look at that are red flags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Listen on startup for rattling or timing chain noise.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks nice, but remember the timing chain issue is more of an issue on the supercharged 5.0, but I wouldn't assume. It is 8k - 15k to fix.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
Does this rover have the supercharged? Or natural 5.0 I can’t tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Per the ad it is an HSE, which is not a supercharged version. I would still want to hear a cold start up to make sure the timing chain isn't making noise.

jonbishop32

Reaction score
How about a 09 with 78k miles? Has a 4.4 in it, what problems do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4.4 is almost a bulletproof engine the 4.2 supercharged is the same. Change the oil every 5k miles and drive it for 400k miles or till you are tired of it. Small issue will come up as it is a rover, but most are cheap or easy to do yourself. My thermostat went out a week after I bought it, they stick open when broke, not closed. So I just ran cold till I changed it. I have a drivers door sensor that is bad, so I need to change the latch, about a 2 hour job and $100 for the part. You can do it yourself or a shop that knows what they are doing can probably do it in an hour. I just bought my 08 RRS HSE Lux with 111k miles and I am very much happy with it even with the minor issues.

zpbassham

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2006 RR HSE 4.4 NA. 126,000 miles. Bought as-is on jan28, 2021. On the third day of ownership, Lanny died and would not start. I replaced the fuel pump, thermostat, crankshaft positioning sensor, battery, transmission fluid, filter, and seals. Cleared all codes and off we went for a whole 60 days. Now, we are in "limp" mode due to failed transmission mechatronics. I spent yesterday reflashing the transmission control module with JLR SSD V. 1.604 and Mongoose. No luck.

Now... does anyone here have access to or information where I can find a proper replacement mechatronic unit at a good price? I am on a tight budget, and I don't think my wonderful wife can take any more of this.

Thank you for reading my blabber.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Good price, yes, cheap shipping, not sure. Call Nathan in my Signature - his on vacation for the next week though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA