Low coolant, suspension problsm, new blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

maricarmen

Got my car in April 2005. Went in twice to replace the radiator as the low coolant level came up, the temperature got too high and caused the radiator to burn (so the dealer says). Have changed three times my wiper blades (dealer says that the heat damages the glue on the blades, thus they rip-off), Has been in the dealer for the same suspension problem everyone has had. The dealer placed a new computer and the same suspension problem persists. All in all my car has been in service over 40 days. I guess you can call it a lemon now. The dealer has been very irresponsible and never returns calls, we have to continue calling our service advisor to receive very weak answers. I am fed up with the bad service. Told the dealer I didn't want the car anymore and wanted LR to buy it back. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

D

dronedog

sorry to hear you are having problems. i went thru the same sort of mess with Volvo a few years back. i did not see what state you are in so the laws there may be a little different. i bought the Volvo in MD. first thing is that, if i remember correctly, you only have so long to act on the lemon law. when we got the car, we got a booklet on lemon laws so we followed that. we tried with the dealer, got no where. we tried calling Volvo, got pushed back to the dealer. but we kept notes on the whole series of problems. the next step was a certified letter to both Volvo and the dealer saying of our intention. within a few days we got a call from Volvo asking us what we wanted. we asked them to fix the car and to their credit, they had a new engine at the dealer in 5 days. we got our problems solved. (at least those anyway, the rest just kept on coming) hope that helps.
The Dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out your local Lemon Law:

http://www.autosafety.org/lemonlaws.php

The process is fairly easy in most states. At least in California, no lawyer is even required. Just need to start the "formal" arbitration process if you qualify...

Of course, it sounds like your problem is more your service department and dealer...

F

flowner

This is what I did. I filed the vehicle defect notice. When I called Land Rover, I made sure they understand that you know that they the manufacturer are responsible for the vehicle. And I'm offering them the opportunity to buy the vehicle back, so they don't get a vehicle labeled a lemon.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called LRNA, documented my issues, took acceptable step to fix them... When that didn't resolve my issues, (and the truck is really a lemon) they'll get you out of it... They don't want a 54k paper weight anymore than you do...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635