LR3 Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get an alignment on my truck from my local Firestone or do I have to use the dealer?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a specific procedure required due to the electronic air suspension (EAS). I've only done this particular service with the dealer.

Sure, you can save a few bucks at the local tire shop; but for me it isn't worth it, considering the cost of the tires if not performed properly.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I've heard.
But I'm curious to know if the Rack Manufacturer doesn't provide that info to the tech.
Then can the tech actually do it or is it some kind of dealer only voodoo thing.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voodoo explained, from Nathan Woods' blog:

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=77

1. If the vehicle has Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), refer to Technical Bulletin LA204-007, connect IDS to the vehicle and place the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), into “tight tolerance” geometry setting mode.

See link above for full information

Last edited:

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so do independent shops have an IDS(I don't know what that is). I assume it is some computer thing.
Thanks for the input by the way. I am just trying to demystify the process.
Or "mystify" it if that is the case.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way the dealer wants $154.00 Firestone wants $80.00 or they will do a lifetime alignment for $140 and considering the tendency for the alignment to go out I am considering the lifetime option.
No good if they don't have the capability however.
I asked them about the LR3 and they said "no problem" so of course I came here to find out the real story.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my LR3 to firestone and got the unlimited alignment and have not had a problem with it...just my .02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99